FIFTEEN

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

Chapter Fifteen: Mă simt în siguranță când sunt cu tine.

Warnings: A pinch of gore

╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

"OH, Aki, you're up. You want some pancakes?"

The girl walked into the kitchen scratching her neck. "Dad, it's like three in the morning. What are you doing?"

"I just got back from the sanctuary and I was hungry," He shrugged. "You want some?"

"Sure," She said, seating herself at the table. "Did you find what you needed?"

"Oh, yeah," He said. "I already killed the demon and everything. Bucată de tort. Piece of cake. What'd you do with your uncles and aunts?"

"We had a water balloon fight," She said. "I wanted to train, but Auntie Elise said I had to be a kid today."

"Your life does not revolve around demon hunting," He said, turning to face her. "It's...a hobby. It's not your lifestyle just yet. You have a long way to go before you need to worry about adult things. For now, listen to your Auntie and be a kid."

"I want to be good like you, Dad," She said. "You're like, the best demon hunter there is."

He laughed, not loudly enough to wake his brothers and their wives, but enough to make Aki smile a little. "Me? The best? You are very funny, little one."

"I'm serious," She said. "I want to be good as you, Dad."

"You will," He said, smiling softly at her. "One day, when the time is right. Until then, just relax and enjoy your childhood while you have it. After all, once your uncles start growing gray hair, they won't play with you anymore."

She giggled, making his smile widen. He leaned down, kissing the top of her dark hair. "My little Aki. You're growing up faster than you need to be."

"...ki..."

"...ak....u..p..."

"A..k..i..."

"Aki, wake up!"

Her eyes snapped open when she felt pressure on her shoulders. She grabbed her assailant by their wrists, throwing her body weight over them as she flipped them under her, pinning their wrists to the side as her hand shot to their throat.

"It's me, dumbass!"

Her assailant, or rather her brother, stared up at her with wide eyes. She stared at him for a moment, her foggy mind having trouble comprehending her own actions. She slowly let go of him.