FOUR

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

Chapter Four: Pain, Suffering, and Jesus

╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

      "AKI, you can't smoke in here," Nathan elbowed his sister, making her look over. She moved her hands away from where she had them and cupped them around the lighter.

"Why can't I?" She asked around the cigarette in her mouth.

"You're in a school," He said, snatching the nicotine stick from her mouth. "Wait until we go back outside."

"You haven't let me smoke at all today," She grumbled. "This is why I hate being around you."

"You have a problem," He replied, taking the pack from her pocket. "You need to quit smoking, Aki. Between this and your drinking problem—"

"An occasional drink is not a problem," She said.

"Your 'occasional drinks' are not occasional. You drink every chance you have until you're so shitfaced you can't move," He said, lifting a brow at her.

"You're just a crybaby," She muttered.

Nathan shook his head. He reached forward, tapping his knuckles on a classroom door. Aki shifted beside him, flicking her bronze eyes around them. A few seconds later a voice called for them to enter. Nathan grabbed the handle of the door and opened it.

"Sorry we're late," He apologized. "Aki didn't want to get out of bed."

"Aki," Gojo repeated, turning his head to her with a slight grin. "So that's the mystery girl's name."

She walked into the classroom behind her brother. Her gaze went to the three students from the day before, all seated at their desks. Then, she looked at Gojo.

"If you expect me to help you, I need all the reports of each mission the victims were sent on," She said, walking around the room. "I need all the information you can get me."

"I can have it to you by the end of the day," He said.

"Make it sooner than that," She replied. "If you expect me to exorcise this demon, I need time to study it."

"You haven't heard of it before?" Nathan asked, looking at his sister.

She shook her head, rubbing under her nose. "It doesn't sound familiar to me. I need to study its behavior. I could possibly find it by the end of the week if I get all of the information. Possibly. It just all depends on this demon."

"Will we need to take a trip to the archives?" He asked, watching as she stretched.

"Probably. As I said, it depends on the information," She turned to Gojo. "So if you want this to end soon, bring me everything you have."