THIRTY-ONE

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

Chapter Thirty-One: A Crack In The Glass

╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

"DO you like sitting in the dark?"

Gojo flicked his eyes to the chair. A spark filled the air before her face was illuminated by the flame of the lighter. She brought it forward, lighting the end of the cigarette in her mouth. She then closed the lighter with a snap. Gojo walked into his apartment and turned on a lamp, flooding the room with light.

His gaze instantly fell onto the blood on her face. He then shifted his eyes down to the dark stain on her gray shirt. He lifted a brow.

"Since you're so casually sitting in my chair," He tossed the keys onto the table. "I'll presume that blood isn't yours."

"The blood belongs to Marius," She muttered, moving the cigarette away.

"So he's dead then?" Gojo asked, sinking onto the couch, draping his arm over the back.

"He had two forms," She replied, flicking the ashes into an empty beer can on the coffee table. "I only killed his earthly body."

"What? Is there some kind of...orb we have to knock down or something?" Gojo asked.

The smoke blew from her nose, some spilling past her lips. "A demon."

"Should be easy then," Gojo replied. "You kill demons all the time."

"He's not any demon. El este diavolul însuși."

"So you have a bit of a challenge," Gojo shrugged.

She took one last drag before she placed the cigarette onto the top of the can. She stood up, letting the smoke fall over her lips. She walked toward him, making him tilt his head up to look at her. She leaned over him, her face inches from him.

"A challenge?" She echoed, her voice a mere whisper. "This is no challenge. This is the revenge I've been praying to get."

"Revenge means nothing when you're dead."

She lifted a brow. "What makes you think I'll be dead?"

"This is a suicide mission according to Nate," He hummed.

"You listen to a child?" She scoffed, rising up, and looking down at him. "You're more of an idiot than I thought."

His finger slipped through the loop on the waistband of her jeans, keeping her from turning away from him. "From the way he's told me about your other little encounters, I don't put you past making this a suicide mission."

"You don't know anything about me," She stated.

"You right," He hummed. "I don't. So why don't you tell me?"