TWENTY-THREE

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

Chapter Twenty-Three: I'll Be Back For You Later

╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

THE sounds of pencils on paper were the only noise that filled the room. The three students bounced from glancing at the words written on the board back down to their notebooks copying the words there. The teacher had left to run some papers to the principal, leaving the three of them alone in the room.

With an exaggerated groan, Itadori through his pencil down, slamming his notebook shut. "Finally! My hand is cramping so bad!"

Kugisaki glanced at the board, flexing her hand before grabbing her pen. "Do you have to be so obnoxious?"

"You better have copied these," Fushiguro said, gently closing his notebook. "We'll have a test on Friday."

"No doubt," Kugisaki mumbled.

"Yeah, yeah, I got it!" Itadori waved his hand. "I'm hoping to get a good score. Then maybe I can convince Gojo-Sensei to let me go out."

"You're here for your safety," Fushiguro frowned. "You know you're not supposed to go out."

"I do feel bad for you, though," Kugisaki muttered. "That woman hasn't found anything, has she?"

"Aki? She said she had to do some research," Itadori sighed, placing his chin in his palm. "Though, Gojo-Sensei said he hasn't heard from her in days."

"I heard that she and her little brother got into a fight over something," Kugisaki stated. "She may be out looking for Nate."

"She's not looking for me,"

They all turned to the door, startled by the sudden voice. Nathan walked inside, rubbing his hand over his hair, and brushing the snow away.

"I'm actually looking for her," He mumbled.

"Well, you're just as out of luck as we are," Itadori said.

"I tried to call her but...she never answered," He said, glancing down at his phone. "She's probably out hunting...or something."

The lights above them flickered, making all of them look up. The bulbs of the lights began to rattle before they busted, the glass trapped within the protective covering. The door slammed shut, making Nathan jump, and for Kugisaki to let out a startled yelp.

In a few moments, the room was filled with lights from their phones. The three sorcerers stood up, all of them frowning.

"Your school forget to pay the electricity bill or something?" Nathan muttered, looking around uneasily.

The books on the shelf began to rattle. All of their lights pointed to the shelf, watching as the books began to fly off, smacking against the wall on the other side of the room.