SEQUEL

you know I couldn't just leave them alone lmao

you'll either love me or hate me

depends 

Book Two will be posted soon. Enjoy some teasers while you wait ;)

_____

"We may have a serious problem," He began. "A very serious problem."

She folded her arms over her chest. "What kind of very serious problem?"

Rey looked nervous, she noted. He was more jittery than she's seen him before. It made her lips pull into a frown, a slight pinch coming to her eyebrows.

"I...I think Nathan's in danger."

_____

The man across from him chuckled darkly. "My, isn't this a nice coincidence? Just the man I've been looking for. How are you, Nathaniel?"

His body trembled as his gaze narrowed, his jaw tightening firmly. He tried to calm his erratic breathing, trying to steady the shaking of his hands.

"W-Who the hell are you?" He found his voice, though it sounded meek.

"Look at me boy," The man said, grinning maliciously. "And tell me who you believe I am."

Dark hair hung in front of his face, loose strands framing it, causing a slight shadow to cast over his features. Though his bright red eyes seemed to illuminate as his grin widened, exposing the sharp canine teeth in his mouth. There was some stubble across his jaw and his neck, his eyebrows were dark and thick, and he had an aquiline nose. Pulling his gaze from his face, Nathan's hazel eyes landed upon the pentagram that was burned into his skin. His arms and his face were covered in scars.

"Oh God," Nathan choked.

_____

"If you're gonna shoot me," She said, glancing at him over her shoulder, sharp hazel eyes meeting his. "Then don't hesitate."

His eyes widened even further, before narrowing into thin slits. His hands shook as she turned back to the TV as if she were unfazed by the fact that there was a gun aimed at her head. His hands shook as he screwed his eyes shut, his finger twitching against the trigger. Though, he only heard a soft click instead.

He opened his eyes, looking down at his gun, only to find it missing from his hands. He then looked back to the couch, gasping when he saw the woman was gone. Though, when he heard another click beside him, his blood ran cold. He turned his head slowly, staring down the dark barrel of the pistol as if it were a dark hallway he would soon descend.

"Never take your eyes off your target. If you do..."

He jumped when she pulled the trigger, a click filling his ears. He exhaled shakily, looking up at her with a trembling gaze. She reached into the pouch attached to her belt, sliding a black clip from it. She then moved it to the gun, and Nathan watched as she loaded it, before grabbing it by the muzzle and handing it back to him.

"I-It wasn't loaded?" He stammered.

"Until you proved to me that you had the guts, it would have never been," She replied.

"I...I could have killed you if it was loaded," He whispered, eyebrows lacing together. "Aki...I'm sorry!"

"Curajul tău nu înseamnă nimic dacă te întorci la frica ta," She said, hitting the top of his head lightly with the butt of the gun, making him wince. "Never let your doubts overcome you. Especially when you are the one holding the gun. It may very well be the thing that gets you killed."

_____

"Don't you fucking get it?! Don't you understand why I never wanted to stay? Why I never wanted to be close with you!? Being around me is only cursing you! Don't you see it? You never had any issues until I came around. Being around me is only going to get you killed. I'm cursed!"

His oncoming protest dies out in his throat when he sees the tears that are racing down her cheeks. He immediately steps toward her, but a pang goes through his chest when she steps back. She lifts her hands to her face, furiously wiping the tears away from her face, though her actions are futile.

"Everyone I have ever loved," She whimpered, her voice breaking. "Always dies because of me! My father! My uncle! They always die! I'm supposed to be protecting people, and all I ever do is get them killed!"

"Aki, none of that is your fault," He whispered. "Everyone dies for a reason—you aren't cursed!"

"Yes I am!" She screamed, her hands traveling to her hair. "Get it in your fucking head, Satoru! I'm leaving so I don't kill you too! I never wanted to fucking love you because I was scared of seeing you get hurt! You may be the strongest in your world, but you're nothing in mine!"

____

Her hands shook violently. The blood across her face was hot; it felt like it was searing wherever it touched on her skin. Her gaze never left his face, watching as it twisted in pain, his eyebrows lacing together as he grit his teeth, despite the blood that shot past his lips. After a moment, he cracked one of his eyes open, sharp hazel irises falling upon her own. His lips pulled into a strained grin. 

"S-Sorry. I couldn't let you do it again."

Her arms shot around him when his legs buckled. She slowly sunk onto the ground, cradling his body against her chest. She drew her hand from his back, her eyes widening at the blood that dripped from her palm.

"W-Why?" She whispered, before her voice rose in a shout. "Why the fuck would you do that?!"

"You have priorities," His voice was growing raspier. "You have Hope."

___

Chapters will be posted soon.