12) 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑢𝑚𝑒 ♥︎

———————————— —————————————
and I can still smell her perfume. Did it rub off on you? You say your ex boyfriend's a policeman. I say you need, better standards ~ Perfume (Lovejoy)
———————————— —————————————
After exchanging messages with Wilbur while walking off from Tommy's apartment, I make my way to Wilbur's apartment. I have informed Niki that I'll come home later than I said previously due to me visiting Wilbur and hanging out with him - Niki approved.
I haven't thought about Wilbur almost all day but now to think I'll see him again makes me smile and I can't help but physically smiling a lot while walking through the streets of Brighton. I may look ridiculous smiling like an idiot but, I can't help it.
Wilbur has given me his location so I follow the route.

I finally arrived what seems to be Wilbur's apartment. The apartment seems really pretty from the outside tho. I walk over to the door and ring the bell. I wait for 2 secs before, the man himself opened the door and as soon as we saw each other, we hugged.
„Heeyyyy y/n! You have found your way over here!", he says as he embraces me in his hug.
„I did! Hello Wilbur!", I greet him smiling.
We let go of the hug and he lets me inside. „he has a really nice apartment wow" I think to myself while looking around.
„You like it huh?", Wilbur says as he approaches me, looking at me admiring his apartment.
„It's really pretty I gotta say", I say, smiling. It really is.
„Thank you so much! Do you want something to drink?", Wilbur asks me as we walk into his living room.
„Oh yes, I'd like some water plz", I tell him before sitting down.
Wilbur leaves into the kitchen, prepares our drinks and joins me again in the living room, sitting beside me. „Here you go y/n."
„Thank you", I take a sip. „So you really wanted me to come over at this time?"
„Well yeah! I had nothing to do and I thought we could hang again. Is that a problem?", Wilbur says looking sorta worried.
„No it's not, don't worry. Usually no one wants to hang with me at that time so that's why it surprised me", I take another sip.
„understandable. Well now you got someone who wants to hang with you AT THAT TIME", Wilbur says sarcastically, giggling.
„I'm SO happy", I sarcastically say, giggling as well.

We continue to talk, laugh, crack jokes and just simply have a good time. Wilbur had not only invited me over to talk and hang but also to show me some of his new songs for his band Lovejoy.
„The album isn't out yet and no one has heard this one yet but you'll be the first one to hear", Wilbur said while taking out his guitar.
Lovejoy is Wilbur's indie rock band. They are brand new and have released only one EP so far called „Are you alright?". They are in the making of their 2nd EP Wilbur said. The EP is almost done, they just need to finish mixing according to him.
Wilbur tunes his guitar and just watching him preparing is so interesting to see.
„This song is called 'Perfume' and- initially we wanted to scrap this song cuz I thought it was shit but Tommy convinced us to keep it in. I chose this song especially since, I think you'd like it", Wilbur says getting himself all in the feels and ready.
„I'm so excited to hear", I say before I sit more comfortably to watch him sing.
• —————————- ♫♪ ——————————- •
„It's 3:45 (AM) and I just bite my tongue
Update me on your life, and now you've found the one
But I don't like his eyes, and I distrust their name
And I hate their haircut, they look like a prick (a prick)
But it's all the same, would be draft of me to cry
Your tongue is razor sharp
I miss when it would fight mine
Left your heart on stand by
By the way he holds you
Bet he serenades you, I can really blame you...
~ but I can still smell her perfume! Did it rub off on you?
~ and I can still smell her perfume? Did it rub off on you?
You say your ex boyfriend's a policeman. I say you need, better standards.
You say your ex boyfriend's a policeman. I say you need, better standards!
It seems like all our friends, have abruptly fell in love
And she was in the dust, stalling life was streaming past
So she learnt to lie, she learnt to pretend
A drama in the futile, A means to an end
Why can't you be a dick? Why must you be so nice?
It's hard for me to move on, When I don't really hate you (I don't really hate you 4x)
~ and I can still smell her perfume. Did it rub off on you?
And I can still smell her perfume. Did it rub off on you?
- it's 3:45, your taxi's not arrived.
I don't think he's coming...
• —————————- ♫♪ ——————————- •
The room fell quiet for a bit, but in a good way.
Wilbur then looked at me and smiled at me. My eyes were wide open and my mouth almost dropped to the floor hearing Wilbur sing like that and playing the guitar - it truly amazed me.
"So what did you think?", he asks me, who is still in shook of what just happened.
I couldn't get a word out properly but yet I find words to describe what it was like.
"Wilbur! Holy shit, your singing is so good and this song- that was Incredible! You have an amazing singing voice like wow- and you're talented asf! You did fantastic Wilbur!", I cheered and say to him with a smile.
Wilbur blushes at my compliment.
"Aahh thank you y/n! I appreciate your compliment. I can't wait for my fans to listen to this one", he says still blushing.

Wilbur has absolutely talent and hearing him sing did something to me- it was like if the moon and the stars decided to do a collab of some sort. It's like you see a rainbow in the sky. It's heaven. Just watching him being so focused on his singing while strumming his guitar, not missing a beat. Listening to the lyrics and everything, it felt absolutely fantastic and it even sounded fantastic. It's truly capturing you, wanting to hear more. This talent this man has, I'm certainly impressed in all ways.

Wilbur shows me some more songs he and his band have done + some of his own solo songs like "La Jolla" or "Saline Solution", who have a darker meaning and sound to it. Also explaining to me some of the meanings and in my opinion the whole "your city gave me asthma" album is a really sad album. That's what I told him but he said it's fine.
"Your guitar skills are impressive", I compliment him again to which he slightly giggles and blushes.
"I appreciate that so much, thank you. Lots of practice", he says with a giggle. "What's your favorite song?", he asks me to which I start thinking.
"Well I really love rock music and one of my favorite songs is 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen", I say.
Wilbur tunes his guitar again and plays this song for me. FOR ME!
OMG IS HE SERIOUS??
Wilbur starts playing and singing Bohemian Rhapsody and omg he sounds like an angel. Even hitting the higher notes.
I take it all in, listening to Wilbur performing one of my favorite songs. I start vibing with him, singing along, which makes him smile.

After he finished the song, I started getting up from my spot, giving him a standing ovation, cheering. "WILBUR THAT WAS FANTASTIC! I'm in tears", I say while clapping.
"Oh my god you didn't have to stand up for that", Wilbur says flustered.
"oh I had to, believe me! I was not ready for this", I say, sitting again back down.
"Aww thank you so much. I hope you liked it", he put his guitar away, taking a sip from his water.
"I didn't like it- I LOVED IT Wilbur! You're so talented for real", I say smiling.
"I'm so happy about that", he says giggling, scratching the back of his neck.
"Have you guys considered doing actual live shows?", I ask him.
"Oh yes actually and people also want to see us live. But we're not skilled at this at all. None of us performed actually live but we'll definitely do shows and I've been so hyped to do them. The feeling when people shout the lyrics back at you- damn", Wilbur says, being really enthusiastic about it.
"I know you can do it guys, I believe in you and- I'll definitely show up to a gig", I wink as I say this, giggling.
"Noooo stop, really?", his eyes widen as I say this.
"Why wouldn't I? You have just proven your talent. I'm your number one supporter", I laugh but actually I mean it.
"Y/n idk if you know this but you have the ability to leave me speechless with your compliments, this is ridiculous. Idk what to say, other than thank you", he says.
"That's my job Wilbur", I sarcastically wink. "Leaving all my friends speechless but they deserve to know their talent and worth".
"Now you need to actually stop before you make me melt", Wilbur says, not knowing how to react to my compliments, just melting away.
"I'm sorry I can't do that. Idk how", I laugh, flicking my hair.
"Yes you can! Actually I'm gonna cry if you keep doing this", Wilbur formally begs for it but I find it wholesome but also somewhat hilarious so I throw in one more.
"Wilbur I'm so proud of you and I totally believe in you. You're such a talented person and I feel like a proud mother haha in that sense. I could listen to you playing the guitar at all times. You should do it more for sure and go on those live shows. You guys rock", I say, watching his reaction.
"Y/N!! Oh god you're so sweet-", he hides behind his guitar.
"Awww is someone blushing?", I tease him to which he repeats he isn't but I see he is. I just giggle, which makes him giggle too.

After Wilbur's guitar session, we decided to watch some TV while snacking on some chips (crisps) and popcorn. We decided on watching a movie.
It's 7:30pm right now- late afternoon and I'm just here, at Wilbur's, watching a movie with him. Just to be in his presence feels so comforting and safe. I don't think I've ever felt this safe before with someone I was with. I feel like I can be myself around him and I don't have to hide away. Just thinking about this leaves a happy feeling in my stomach but also, a smile on my face.

The time shows now 10:15pm. I have been with Wilbur for a while. I debate with myself if I should go home or if I should stay for a little longer... after all I'm enjoying it at his place a lot and just hanging with him, but on the other hand, Niki is waiting for me at home.
I keep thinking about it and decide to stay for a bit longer.
We started again to talk and actually having a deep conversation on why anteaters are the worst animals on earth. To be fair, I don't mind them but, debating with wilbur over that was really funny. Especially cuz he kept on bringing more facts up on why they're the worst.
It was quite funny actually and seeing Wilbur getting really into it was hilarious to watch.
"...don't laugh y/n this is serious! Like why do they even exist? They're so bad that, no one even wants them", Wilbur keeps on ranting but I can't help myself but laugh at it.

As the time went on, I decided to go back home. After all I was also getting pretty tired. Wilbur offered me to sleep at his apartment but I denied. Simply for the reason that I promised Niki to come back and I don't really wanna make her worry or something. Wilbur respected that and insisted on taking me home.
We had walked together at night, the only lights were the streetlights. The night is really comforting but it can be also really creepy. Especially when you walk outside at night but luckily I have Wilbur with me, therefore nothing to worry about.
Once we arrived at my apartment, I thanked him again and for showing me songs and just for this amazing time. He thanked me back for coming over, he was happy to spend time with me, he said.
We fell into a hug and I can sorta feel him tightening the grip on me, which leaves blushing.
Eventually we let go on we told each other goodbye.

I walked inside my apartment, informing niki I'm back.
"Niki I'm back!", I called out.
"OMG look who's back in the house!", Niki sarcastically says from the living room.
"I didn't know you were still awake Niki", I say as I walk into the living room, seeing Niki just scrolling on her phone, with the TV on.
"I don't feel tired yet but I was also waiting for you to come back", Niki says, giving me a hug. "How was your day today?"
"Oh my god I have had so much fun both at Tommy's and Wilbur's house. It was the most fun I've ever had", I tell Niki. She smiles at me.
I've told Niki all what happened and that Wilbur had shown me one of his new lovejoy songs.
"Aww y/n it seems like you had a wonderful day. I'm happy for you queen. You deserve it", she says which makes me smile.

Niki and I spend some more time together before we decided to go to sleep. I change into my pjs and do my night routine before going to bed. But before I could properly go to bed, I receive a text message from Wilbur:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
⦿) Wilbur!!: goodnight y/n <3

⦿ Y/n: goodnight Wilbur <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
————————————————————————-
Words: 2397 ♡
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED WRITING IT :) ALSO WILBUR SENT Y/N A HEART! COULD THIS POTENTIALLY HAVE A MEANING :O OR DO WE LOOK TOO DEEPLY INTO THIS? KEEP READING THE NEXT CHAPTERS TO MAYBE FIND OUT ;)