26) 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑗𝑜𝑦 𝑝𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑔 #1♥︎

<♥︎> 1 Week Later <♥︎>

~ 8am / Wilbur's Apartment ~

one week has passed now since me and Wilbur have had our beautiful 2nd date. and today is the date for his first ever practice gig with his band lovejoy! The gig will start at 12pm in the afternoon in like a rented out bar, that's what they told us. And ofc I'll be there with him and watch him practice!

Wilbur and I have been up since 8am cuz we thought it'd be great to be awake before we have to go. To, you know eat and Wilbur to also emotionally and physically prepare. Wilbur said he never really played live like that before and he was obviously a bit nervous but I assured him it's gonna be fine.
"Oh god, what if it sounds absolutely awful?", wilbur says, being worried.
"Wilbur, I assure you it's gonna be fine. And after all, it's a practice gig. I think it's not even that much of a bad thing to mess up. cuz you'll actually see what you need to fix/ work on", I say, trying to comfort him.
"yeah... you may be right", he says, leaning against the kitchen counter with crossed arms.
"It's gonna be all alright sweetheart and besides that, I'll be there too and give you emotional support. If you need reassurance, just look at me. I'll make sure to be easily visible for you" I say, walking towards him to give him a hug.
he opens his arms to hug me back.
"thank you for being such a big support y/n. idk what I'd do without you. If you say it's gonna be alright, then it'll be alright", he says, pulling me tighter on him.
"I'll always support you and be there for you. that's why I'm here and I love you", I say, rubbing his back for more reassurance.
"I love you so much y/n", he says. I can feel him smiling as we hug.
eventually we let go and he gave me a kiss. I kissed him back.

before we have to leave for the gig, we spend some more time together.  Wilbur shows me some new stuff he had written and played on his guitar while I patiently listened. We also talked about what songs are they gonna practice later and also what we're gonna do afterwards. Wilbur thinks about doing a stream and him mentioning the word "stream"... I actually haven't streamed in quite a while- oh no, I should probably return soon to streaming...
I have been so focused on so many other stuff and especially spending time with Wilbur that, I almost forgot about streaming. but well I shouldn't pressure myself right? I'll just explain to have taken some time off. Simple.

~11:30AM~
"Y/n love, are you done? We gotta leave!", Wilbur shouts throughout the house.
"I'm done I'm done! I'm coming!", I shout back, packing the last things.
I come downstairs and me and Wilbur leave his apartment. As we're driving to the location, Wilbur is texting in a gc him and his band mates have, to notify them that we're on our way. We'll all meet up at the rented out bar. Fortunately the bar isn't too far away but it'd be too long to walk there, so we decided to drive there. Much faster and much easier.
"Excited?", I ask him even when I'm aware he's nervous about it.
"y/n, I wish you'd be able to feel what's going on inside of me now. I'm excited yeah but also nervous and just a bit anxious but I feel less nervous, knowing you're gonna be watch me", Wilbur says, eyes fixated on the road.
"I get that but it's gonna be ok alright? I'll be there and watch you", I put my hand on his shoulder to give him comfort.
He's smiling.

About 10 mins later, we arrive at the bar. It's not a lot of people here I mean obviously... we rented it out for us.
"Here goes nothing", Wilbur says, taking one deep breath.
we step out of the car and get get immediately greeted with his band mates outside the bar. Ash, Mark and Joe are already waiting outside with their manager, having some talks.
"Hii guys!", wilbur says, greeting them all as we approach them.
"Aayyy man! You ready?", Joe says excitedly.
"Hi Will! I'm so ready for this!", mark says, smiling at wilbur.
Ash just nods his head and smiles at Wilbur as a hello. I wonder why he doesn't talk??
We have had a talk with their manager about how things will go and what still needs to be prepared, like their equipment and everything.
At this point, I had to separate from Wilbur as he has to go prepare his stuff. I give Wilbur a quick smooch before we separate for a while. I made sure to assure him for the last time that I'll be here and give him emotional support. He quickly hugs me and then leaves with the rest behind the stage.

Now... I'm here. I decided to walk around the bar a little bit and just observe it. It's a really beautiful bar. Everything is made out of wood and it's decorated with pictures and similar stuff. All the chairs and tables have been moved to the side.
After looking around for a bit, I decided to take a seat at one of the chairs and just look through my phone a little bit. For now, there's nothing I can do and it's not 12pm yet.
"Omg y/n is that you?", a familiar voice suddenly said. I looked up to see who it was- and it was Rhianna from Soothouse.
"Heeyy girl! Yesss that's me! How are you?", I ask her smiling.
"I'm doing fantastic thank you. And yourself?", she asks me.
"phenomenal, thank you. You'll watch the practice gig too?", I ask
"Yeah, Infact I'll film a little of it. I'm excited", she says, looking sorta around.
"Ooh filming? That's so cool. I'll give Wilbur some emotional support", I say, giggling.
"Oh yeah he definitely needs it. What an anxious guy", she laughs.
"you're right but well, it's also understandable. I'd be nervous too if it was me", I say, smiling at her.
"True true. I couldn't imagine myself singing in front of so many people. It's just not for me", she says.
"Yeah same. I mean streaming is fine but singing? hmm idk", I giggle.
"streaming is definitely different from actually singing in front of all these people. Imagine you singing in front of all your viewers and it's all in real life", rhianna laughs
"scary haha", I laugh.

Rhianna and I had a good talk about different stuff. It helped me feeling less awkward just sitting here by myself.
As the time went by, a couple of more people come in. I assume those are some close friends and the staff that works here.
the clock almost hit 12pm. I made sure to stand quite in the front line so Wilbur could easily spot me. Rhianna decided to stand next to me so I wouldn't have to stand alone. Her words,not mine.
Excitedly we're all standing there, waiting for them to come out. I'm definitely ready!

And now finally!!
they have entered the stage. We're all applauding we they positioned themselves next to their instruments.
"Good Afternoon everyone! My name is Wilbur Soot and this my band 'lovejoy'. We go under the name "lampwithsock" for now simply cuz it's fun-innit? uh, I hope you're gonna enjoy this. This is actually our first 'gig', well it's more of a practice gig but well. Anyways, enough stalling, I think we should start, shall we?", wilbur says, sounding really nervous but I know he got this.
"so our first song will be 'one day'.", Wilbur says, preparing to sing - and there he goes.
the band starts jamming on their instruments and Wilbur is getting ready to sing.
Listening to him sing is a true magical experience. He has a beautiful singing voice and you can tell, it's something he's really passionate out. He's going all in, feeling every moment, feeling the song and singing it straight from his heart. You can feel it and hear it as well. I was so captured by his voice and how everyone. It was something so wonderful.

the songs they have played are the following;
★ One Day ★ Model Buses ★ Cause of Concern ★ Taunt ★ You'll Understand When You're Older ★ Oh yeah, You're Gonna Cry? ★ Its All Futile, Its all Pointless ★ The Fall ★ Perfume ★ Sex Sells ★ Concrete

And of course, not everything went smoothly like especially at "The Fall", Joe was supposed to do some background vocals, but his mic wasn't really turned on, so you couldn't hear him. also the sound was a bit wonky and you could hear some screeching every once in a while but that's ok. That's why they're practicing. Apart from some technical issues, wilbur seemed to be fully in his element. I could see no trace of nervousness anymore. He seemed so open and just enjoyed himself. He jumped around and tried to be silly with his band mates. I noticed however that while Wilbur became so comfortable, the others seemed to get really nervous? funny how it's the other way around now.
Wilbur did every once in a while look at me and fortunately, as I was in front, he spotted me easily and smiled whenever he saw me. It definitely reassured him knowing I was there.

The practice gig ended after 1 and a half hours. We all applauded for them as they bowed down and bro fisted each other.
"Thank you so much! You were great!", wilbur says, walking behind the stage again.
I couldn't be more proud of him and them! They have done such a good job, despite technical issues but I'm so proud regardless. That was really amazing to listen to.
"Oh my gosh that was fantastic! They did great!", I told Rhianna who smiles at me.
"Hell yeah they did! And I got a hell lotta footage", she says excitedly.
"What will happen next do you think? Like will they now come to us or?", I ask her.
"Yeah actually another band has booked this place to also do some practicing or live music? I'm not quite sure but yeah, idk I assume they'll join us shortly", she says, putting her phone away.
Excitedly I wait for them to join us! This has been really great!

About 5 mins later, wilbur and the rest came towards us, joining the crowd!
"OMG GUYS! YOU DID ABSOLUTELY GREAT! It was wonderful! I'm so proud of you guys!", I yell out, as soon as I see them.
"Aaah thank you beautiful", mark says smiling.
"Thanks mate! I had a lot of fun!", Joe says.
"Aayy babe! Thank you! That was actually a lot of fun! It was definitely weird tho seeing everyone just stand still but it was fun!", wilbur giggles as he comes towards me to hug me.
Ash smiled and gave a thumbs up.
"Joe, did you notice your mic not working during The Fall?", Wilbur asks mark who nods.
"Mate YEAH! That was so annoying. I may have looked like an idiot", mark laughs.
"What your mic didn't work? I felt like my sound was a bit off like the drum sound?", mark stated.
"I sometimes felt like my guitar sound was off and just in general", wilbur laughs.
"Yeah you guys had some technical issues but I mean that was your first "gig". Now you can improve on what's wrong", I say to which they all nod.
"Yeah I agree. but for the first time, super fun. Can't wait to play in front of a huge crowd. Imagine how insane", mark says in disbelief
"Yeah right? But I'm ready like this is what I always wanted", wilbur says happily.
"Yeah man!", Joe says.

After some time, we decided on leaving. They packed their stuff and met up with their manager for a bit, before coming back.
"Yo guys! How about we go to grab some food? me pretty hungy!", Joe says, laughing, rubbing his stomach
"Oh yeah man I'm betting hungry too. Should we go to like a local store?", wilbur asks
Ash is nodding his head in agreement.
"Mate! You wanna grab some nandos?", mark suggests.
"Omg yeah bro! Nandos sounds so good right now", wilbur says, rubbing his stomach as well
"Oohh yeah I'm pretty hungry too", I say
So, we're heading to a nearby Nandos for some food. It's really crazy to me to be hanging out with them right now, idk why. They're such cool and laid back people. I like them a lot.
we arrived at a nearby nandos and took a seat. We ordered ourselves some food and started eating once the food is there.
we have had talks about the gig, laughed a bunch and told each other some jokes. They also discussed if they should do a second practice gig or something, since Wilbur thinks they'd need more practice on how to set everything up perfectly. He especially wants to make sure the sound is good enough and in case of a malfunction, they know how to sort of fix it.
Everyone agrees that maximum 2-3 more practice would be necessary to fully get used to everything and set everything up, in terms of sound checks and stuff. They'd be talking to their manager about it and see what he thinks about it.

After a good hour eating and talking at nandos, we decided on leaving. Wilbur paid for everyone and we left.
"Aight mate, I'll be off yeah? The gig was so fun! See ya later man!", Joe says, bro hugging Wilbur and me goodbye.
"I'll be off too. I've got other things to do! Byee guys, have a nice time", mark says, giving us a fist bump.
Lastly Ash is gonna be off. He leaves with mark and waves us goodbye.
We said goodbye to everyone and do there we are... just the 2 of us now.
"They left us now", wilbur laughs, looking at me.
"The audacity! I tell you that", I laugh.
"For real tho. You know I like them but such idiots for leaving", Wilbur says, rolling his eyes sarcastically.
"What should we do now now?", I ask Wilbur to which he thinks.
We ended up just going back to his apartment and spend the rest of the day together. As promised, Wilbur started streaming, doing a just chatting stream with possibly playing geogessr. I decided to just to sit on in the background but in a way so you couldn't see me.
Wilbur and I still haven't told our chat about is dating- and we wanna keep it this way for now.

At the end of the day, we went to bed pretty soon, cuddled a bit and had a lovely time together. Falling asleep in Wilbur's arms is always the best thing in the world!
—————————————————————————-
Words: 2516 ♡
HEYOOOO! I HOPE YOU LOVE THOSE EVERYDAY UPDATES NOW, AS MUCH I LOVE WRITING THEM NOW! :,) THIS IS BASED OFF OF LOVEJOYS FIRST PRACTICE GIG AND IM QUITE HAPPY WITH IT! THE STORY FINALLY KEEPS ON GOING! ARENT THEY THE CUTEST COUPLE? :,)♡♡