I.

[ACT ONE: CIRCUS]

[ACT ONE: CIRCUS]

music for this chapter:
do i wanna know? -arctic monkeys

present day

Manhattan, New York

Natalia could have anyone she wanted wrapped around her finger.

She was the type of person who could read a person just by observing them with a look. She could figure out what buttons to push and what to steer away from in order to get what she wanted out of the situation.

And she was a very greedy, greedy person.

In short, the world revolved around her in her mind with no ifs, ands, or buts. She would do as she pleased, go where she pleased, and fuck whoever she pleased. She craved attention, the audience, and whoever else she could sink her claws into. Anything otherwise was completely unacceptable.

What was the joy in her cursed immortal life if she couldn't make everything about her?

When her twin brother, Nik, called her up the other night in one of his fits of rage, he ordered her to come to the small, petty town of Mystic Falls to help him with some extermination. He ranted and raved about these young vampires, a doppelgänger, and some werewolves that were getting on his nerves. Which explained to her why he hadn't come back to New York a year ago, when he promised to be right back with his precious doppelgänger.

She had been in the middle of something, though.

She had been standing in the center of their massive penthouse they shared. She wore nothing but black lace lingerie, red-bottom heels, and striking red lips that stood out against her fair skin. Nik could probably also hear the bloody smirk she had over the phone.

"I hate small towns, Nik, you know that. What's in this for me if I go?" She hummed in the most innocent voice.

"Natalia!" Nik snapped, using her full name in his anger. She pouted to herself, waiting for him as he huffed and took a deep breath to calm himself. "My apologies, sweetheart, I'm a bit moody at the moment."

"How entirely unexpected."

"What's in it for you is you get to join by my side again, your other half, and our beloved, wretched siblings," Nik said the words in an aggravated hiss.

She thought about that. She hadn't seen Elijah, Rebekah, and Kol for decades, some for centuries. She knew that they were undaggered, except for Finny-boy, the wack he was. Minus him, her other lovely siblings would be there.

"Hmm...Pass," She declined.

"Talia."

"Our brothers and sister can help you, Nik, besides they might still be mad. I am the one created the daggers you like to stick in their chests," Natalia whined, even stomping her heeled shoe against the marble floor.