X.

Natalia's dress above ^^

music for this chapter//:
wildest dreams -duomo

Tonight's Founder Party had been held a bit differently. The Lockwood family had decided to make the party memorable with a theme for their attendees to follow, which had been created by Mayor Carol Lockwood respectively.

An Age of Elegance

The party was a bit more formal than years passed. As it had the attendees dressed in fabrics such as gowns and tuxes, and a field of cocktails and champagne glasses in their hands. The Lockwood Mansion backyard was the main centerpiece for tonight's festivites, where the area had been decorated with numerous white roses and a wide raised platform for a dance floor that had string-lights hung over for dancing. A orchestral band was playing soft music which no one was dancing to, as everyone would rather spend their time talking and drinking their champagne.

It was a serene, almost classical atmosphere...but that didn't make it less tense for a certain Gilbert girl and the two Salvatore brothers standing at her side. They were keeping their eyes strictly on the Mikaelsons tonight, and were most fearful of the fact that they couldn't find Natalia Mikaelson at all. Even though the party had begun hours ago.

Kol and Rebekah were off near the champagne table, speaking amongst themselves in their young scheming ways.

Nik and Ellana were together, arm in arm, trying to dodge Caroline and the others who were trying hard to blatantly get Ellana away from the hybrid.

Elijah was a little ways away from the couple, entertaining a couple of ladies who were surrounding him, but secretly keeping his eyes upon his brother's lover every now and then.

But what of Natalia?

Damon wouldn't say that he was bored, nor would he admit that he had expected her presence a little. It wasn't excitement in his bones, but it wasn't dread either. He found that while he was getting ready for tonight's affair, all he could think about was their plan and the woman who was beginning to cloud his mind and pique his interest by the day.