XIX.

"We're sorry, but the number you are trying to reach is unavailable or not in service at this time

"We're sorry, but the number you are trying to reach is unavailable or not in service at this time. Please try again, or leave a message after the tone."

Her phone was on the floor beside her. The speaker on.

"Hey, it's me." Damon's soft voice spoke from the phone. "I've been sending you text after text, call after call but...shit, let me start over."

There was a soft hum of magic in the air. In the dimly-lit room, red light bounced off the walls from the magic floating in the air.

"Nat...about what happened to Kol...Look, I can't honestly say I liked the guy, no offense. He's tried to kill me more times than I can remember. I could apologize, but you and I both know it wouldn't be matter. I am sorry, though, that you're hurting."

There was a few seconds pause.

"I know what family means to you. I know the lengths you're willing to go for them. And I get it, Nat, I do. You showed us all that a few nights ago."

He sighed on his end.

"Please...Nat...whatever you're thinking about doing, don't."

Her fingers danced in the air, weaving her magic meticulously.

She was cross-legged, floating in the air while darkness seeped into her magic. Eyes closed, but moving under as she searched the town through the eyes of various people all at once, strangers.

Looking for her target.

"Just let me see you or talk to me," He begged. "Dammit, Nat...just come back to me."

In that moment, she found her target.

And the phone flew to the wall, smashing into pieces.

Natalia's eyes snapped open, glowing red.

|

"You guys made it safe?" Bonnie talked on the phone, driving with one hand. She was pulling into the driveway of her empty home, heart heavy.

It had been a long few days of planning and ensuring her friends were safe from the wicked hands of Natalia and the Mikaelson siblings. She was also worried about Mikael, but he hadn't shown face at all since the night the cabin went up in flames.

Etched into her memory was the sight of Elena driving that stake into Kol's back and the guttural scream he made as his body went aflame.

Admittedly, she felt some semblance of guilt for her part in the plan. She knew that Kol had a thing for her, and...maybe a part of her had a thing for him too.

It was never supposed to go down like that.

Mikael would handle them, Elena had told her, he just wants us to lock them in the cabin and lure Klaus and the others. That's all.