V.

music for this chapter: Dangerous Woman -ariana grandeDarkside -Neoni

Dangerous Woman -ariana grande
Darkside -Neoni

Natalia liked to know her prey. She liked to pick them apart bit by bit until she knew every weakness, every tic that she could hold against them. But she also liked to keep them on their toes.

Elena and her precious friends wouldn't stop watching them like hawks—obviously startled by Natalia's threats.

Or perhaps they were more startled by her gigantic, fucking ego display.

Because Natalia wanted to assert dominance over this crowd in a way that showed just how serious she was. That she wasn't just all bark and no bite. So, she did what she did best and twisted some minds of the drunken idiots around her.

In the parlor room, near the sun room that had the floor a step over the room, the couch had been moved to outlook the crowd in a pedestal type of way. There were people surrounding the couch while reaching out hands, like they wanted nothing more than to gain the favor of the person who sat on the couch.

Natalia had her legs crossed, and sat upright and proper like a Queen should. Her chin never faltered down to acknowledge the people who were dancing provocatively around her, trying to entice her to join in. Meanwhile, she kept a glass of warm blood in her hand, drinking from it modestly.

These dull creatures wanted to praise her, and that wasn't even using her magic on them. It was just the pure lust and alcohol running through their veins. They wanted to love her for no other reason than her beauty alone, and it was utterly pathetic of them.

Humans were such fragile creatures, no fun to play with.

Which is why she was only getting a kick out of this because of Elena's and her friends reactions.

Natalia swirled the blood in her glass. Her bored eyes only growing with light when she felt the couch cushion beside her shift at a sudden weight, and she turned her head to view her younger brother.

"Would you look at this." Kol surveyed her set-up with amusement. "You're even worse than Niklaus," He teased.

Her hand flicked over their heads, creating a silencing bubble around the both of them.

"Kol, finally." She ignored his earlier comment in exchange for turning to him with a raised brow. "Did you gather what I asked for?" She wondered.

"Just about. But I must say, these baby vampires are incredibly dull. Should we really be wasting our time on them?" Kol actually sounded serious as he gave his older sister a look. The same look he used to make when they were kids where he was displeased about not getting this way. "You know, Talia, we could forget about this nothing town. You and I could go off on our own, travel the world. There's still so much I haven't seen after being daggered for so many centuries," He pointed out.