VII.

music for this chapter:Wonderwall -Miranda Dianne, J2You Got the Devil In You -Red Means Run

Wonderwall -Miranda Dianne, J2
You Got the Devil In You -Red Means Run

"Yoo-hoo, big bad vampire just broke into your big, fancy mansion."

Natalia remained in front of the fireplace, rolling her eyes subtly.

Even in the early morning, it seemed that she couldn't get some peace and quiet. Her siblings had bickered all morning before finally leaving to do whatever they did in this nothing town. She had looked forward to being left alone to her vices.

Which currently happened to be soothing her wounded soul with some wine in her silk robe.

"Hello! Anybody home?" The voice continued.

She watched the fire blaze. The rim of the wine glass pressed against her chin while she tried to ignore the pest until he went away.

Unfortunately, the wandering steps grew closer, until they were entering the room.

"Uh, yoo-hoo, did you not hear me?" He asked, playful and taunting.

"Of course I heard you, Damon." Natalia released an irritated sigh while pinching the bridge of her nose. "I think the whole of Mystic Falls heard you. Now, get out. I am in no mood for company."

She heard him chuckle from behind. "Look, I get that I hurt your precious hybrid feelings but it was kind of a win-win situation. We got a distraction and well, you and I had hot, mind-blowing sex," He pointed out.

Natalia spun around to face him with her deep-set scowl. And she really shouldn't have been surprised to see Damon smiling back at her innocently, as if he hadn't just said that.

She tried not to focus on his handsome-ness, or the fact that she could smell that sweet scent that was always rolling off of him. Truth be told she's wondered what that scent was for a long while, but she often brushed those thoughts away. She shouldn't indulge herself with useless thoughts about this man.

Because she knew better now.

Damon didn't give a shit about her, just like everyone else.

"If you are here to convince me to fix your girlfriend's brother, the answer's been given the other night. I said no, and I meant it," She clarified sternly.

His face fell, filling with after-thought, which proved her claim right.

"We're on a break," He reminded.