XVIII.

don't panic -clairity

The Mikaelson mansion was quiet, somber even. A pin could drop and it would sound like a weight on the floors in this silence.

Natalia stood over Kol's charred body that lay ever so gently inside the casket. She sniffled and her lips quivered, as she hovered her magic over his mind in attempt to feel...him.

Her darling little brother.

Her puffy red eyes blinked away some tears, and she said in the most heart-broken tone. "I can't feel you," She whispered quietly.

There was nothing coming to her, because he was dead.

And there was only one way to get him back: revenge.

Natalia closed the casket then kissed the top of the lip gently. "I'll bring you back, brother," She whispered. "I promise."

And with that, she turned on her heel to begin her work.

|

"My dad is missing," Bonnie cried to Elena as she entered the Salvatore Boarding House.

It was late that afternoon, the day after they had killed Kol. They had all been on edge since the moment Elena had staked Kol in the back—and maybe, a part of them hoped Natalia was too far into grief to attack them so soon.

This was not the case.

"Shh, it's going to be okay. We're going to find her, all of them," Elena assured her best friend with a hug.

Bonnie hugged her back, before recoiling. Her brows furrowed. "All of them?" She repeated.

Elena sighed deeply. "Caroline called, and Tyler called too. Sheriff Forbes and Carol Lockwood haven't been seen all day," She explained. "Stefan thinks that Natalia has them..."

Bonnie's fearful expression only grew at that statement. "She's going to kill them," She breathed out. "Elena, we killed Kol. We tried to kill her with Mikael...Where is Mikael?"

"Gone," Elena said in an exasperated sigh. "He bailed the moment Natalia got her magic back..."

There was a sudden loud crash from the living room, and Bonnie jumped while Elena looked back alarmed.

The two girls ran toward the living room, finding that Damon had thrown Stefan across the room onto the pool table. By the blood dripping from Stefan's lip, it was clear Damon had punched him too.

Damon was fuming. His eyes wide and face red.

He couldn't believe it when Stefan had just told him everything. Of their planning and leaving him in the dark, to everything that happened at the Gilbert cabin.