II.

music for this chapter: crazy in love (remix) -beyonćecontrol -halsey

crazy in love (remix) -beyonće
control -halsey

"Talia, there's something that I need you to do for me when you arrive. Those vermin that I mentioned...they stole something from me that I want back. A witch of theirs hid it under a spell so that I cannot find it. But you make wonders and miracles happen, Sister. I know that only you can do what you do best, without failing me."

"Why, of course, Nik. What is that you wish for me to locate?"

"I'll tell you what it is when you find it. Here is a vial of blood. It belongs to the object I want you to locate. And Talia, do not breathe a word of this to our siblings. It will be our little secret."

"As you wish, brother, I will not tell another soul."

Elijah wouldn't stop watching Natalia. She could feel his lingering stare from the bar beside Nik, all the way to where she stalked through the crowds of grinding bodies with her two younger siblings, Kol and Rebekah. And because of his pressing stare, she knew that her observant older brother was coming up with his own conclusions and assumptions.

How bothersome.

She'd only been in town for an hour, at best, and he was already sure she was up to no good.

Yes, he was completely right, but still, it was annoying how quick he had picked up on it. Unlike Kol and Rebekah, who were mind-boggling oblivious.

The black-lit party they were at was hosted at the Mystic Grill, for the apparent new graduates of Mystic Falls High.

Rebekah had been happy to announce that she was one of those graduates, after playing the part of innocent high-schooler for the past year. And she was more than happy, since it had been her first time ever graduating high school. She was taking out her happiness by grinding on some blond-blue eyed boy dressed as one of the commoners serving drinks.

Elijah and Niklaus obviously weren't into the whole rave-type scene, and were sitting at the bar outlooking the party. Both drinking and speaking to one another, sometimes giving each other irritated looks.

They weren't going to be any fun tonight, and that's all Natalia wanted to do-have fun. So, who better than to enlist than her darling younger brother, Kol?

Even amongst of sea of drunken people, no one noticed Kol as he held some poor woman against his body, swaying as if they were dancing, and his face buried in her neck. No one would notice that he had his teeth sunken into her soft flesh while drinking from her greedily.

Natalia dropped the woman's arm, head lifting back with closed eyes and lips parted. The purple and blue lights overhead shining down on her flawless body, which was barely hidden from the black spaghetti-strap mini dress she was wearing. The euphoric taste of copper still lingering on her tongue, still warm from the vein. Slowly, allowing the high to take over her.