XIII.

music for this chapter//: don't blame me -taylor swiftlove in the dark -adele

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

music for this chapter//:
don't blame me -taylor swift
love in the dark -adele

Walking back into the Mikaelson Manor, she found that the place was void of anyone. Unlike last time her siblings weren't around arguing like the last time, and she had no one to greet her properly.

She expected as much.

Nik hadn't said much other than Elijah had gotten his own place and Rebekah refused to speak with anyone, still saddened by the death of her human lover.

"No welcome home party? I'm hurt," Kol remarked as he followed in after her, "Not that you and I should be here. We should have went into hiding, together."

The two of them stood in the foyer of the mansion, turning to one another.

Natalia's expression was grim, and had been ever since she had gotten that phone call. "I can't leave our siblings to the whims of a madman," She said in a stern manner.

Her whole personality had shifted. What was once crazed, mischievous, and hell-raising had turned into a more calculated, somber woman that unsettled Kol. But he was one of the few who understood such a change.

"Bekah won't forgive you, and didn't you say Elijah plotted against you and Nik?" He reminded her.

"A petty squabble that will all be fixed in time," She explained.

"Are you really so naive and sentimental?" Kol said in disbelief.

Her anger flashed in her eyes. "Mind your tongue, before I make you choke on it," She hissed, making him roll his eyes, "Now, go find our dear, love-starved sister and I will deal with our brothers."

Kol sighed loudly in exasperation, before trudging back out the front door to do as she said.

Natalia turned her head as he left, hearing something crash upstairs. Her eyes narrowed in caution, and she immediately called forth her magic for protection.

Knowing that her father was loose and about, she was all too cautious as she headed for the source of the sounds. She used magic to silence her steps, and to head down the hall toward the study. Red aura swirling in her right palm, ready to hurt whoever it was.

She stopped in front of the door. And without hesitation, kicked through the door and raised her hand ready to blast the intruder.

However, the person quickly stood upright and turned to her.

Natalia's heart skipped a beat at the sight of him. She hadn't expected to see him, in fact she planned to avoid him at all costs. "Damon," She whispered his name, her magic receding unconsciously and her hand lowering.