XV.

music for this chapter//: summertime sadness -lana del rey

summertime sadness -lana del rey

Gavril's body was pinned to the tree with the sword sticking out of his bloodied chest. There was blood pouring out the corner of his lips. His eyes lifeless, skin pale—and he reached a hand towards her for help.

"Help me..." He croaked.

In a blink of an eye, it was no longer Gavril, but instead Damon on the tree. His face pained as he outreached to her, too, before Mikael launched himself at the man with the sword.

"NOOO!" Natalia screamed, arising from the mattress in a frightened heap. Her fingers gripping at the sheets or anything she could grasp, tears streaming down her face as she looked around wildly.

The darkness of the bedroom. The king-sized bed she laid on with red, silk sheets. The moonlight just barely peeking through the curtains. Flickers of her magic lingering in the air.

Before suddenly arms gripped hers—and in her terrified state, she screamed again while expelling magic from her palms.

Damon's body flew across the room, striking the top of the doorframe to his bathroom. His body smacked the ground hard, and he groaned loudly in surprised pain. "Son a bitch," He coughed. His hand going to his back as he lifted himself up a bit, face twinged with pain.

"Damon?" Natalia gasped. She didn't even realize that she was only in her bra and panties, and instead leapt out of bed to him. She dropped down to her knees to him, immediately touching the burning skin of his shoulders. "Oh, my...I am so sorry. I didn't mean to—" When Damon looked up at her, his eyes softened immediately upon seeing her watering eyes. "—I'm sorry," She cried, eyes squeezing shut as she tried to contain the sob into herself.

"Hey, it's okay," He comforted her quickly. His hands lifting up to her small, round face. "No, no. I'm okay, look, see?" He tried to show himself but she wouldn't open her eyes. "Come here, baby, shhh..."

She couldn't help but cling to him when he pulled her into his warm chest. Her body crumbled into a ball as she sobbed into his chest, holding onto one of his arms for dear life and face buried into his neck.

"I'm sorry," She kept chanting into his skin. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

An hour later, still within the dwells of the late evening, Natalia had been pampered well until her tears had stopped. He asked questions, but she kept quiet and thankfully he decided not to press her on it. Instead, he took care of her as best he could.

She found comfort in putting herself in one of Damon's shirts, and sitting on the couch with a cup of hot tea in her hands. Her head on the back rest while staring at Damon's broad back, watching him with the utmost loving stare. He was sipping on a glass of bourbon while sitting at the piano in the corner.