Brights side • Part 12

He left, I mean I would have too if I was him.

The sheer frustration on his face when I finally got enough courage to confess that what I did back then wasn't because I wanted to date Tu rather I didn't want her to date Win. Because of my stupid obsession over Win my idiotic hero complex that whatever I had done was to 'protect' Win.

*Sigh*

I looked at the closed door in agony, "it's my fault... Whatever win decides to do with me now, I'll accept and somehow go on with my life" I said before slumping further down on the floor wanting to just disappear.

~a few days later ~

That night Win didn't return home... Or the night after that.

It's been a few days since we went MIA, I mean he came back to the dorm a few times but only to grab his stuff before bouncing out.

The other day I heard him come in while I was in the shower, I kid you not the speed at which I washed off the soap on my face and ran out was unreal.

But that bunny is fast! Really fast.

so when I say I ran to abduct that rabbit the second I saw him in my department, I'm not lying.

"Ahhhhomph" his shouting got cut off when I placed my hand on his mouth to muffle it. 

his eyes widened for a second before he shoved me away,

"Get away from me bright !" he shouted.

but I just cannot let him go, I just cannot.

"Bright! Let go of me !" he added now a bit calmer.

"You'll not run away ?" I asked, almost pleading. 

"I won't," he replied. 

I thought about it all a bit before letting him go. 

"Did I hurt yo~?" I asked when I saw his reddened arm.

"It's not the first time.... now tell me why did you kidnap me ?" he asked pissed off, crossing his hands in front of his chest and tapping his foot.

"You've been ignoring me... So I had to" I said looking down and fidgeting with my fingers making him sigh,

"Maybe it's because I don't want to see you .. bright why are you making this so difficult !" he shouted making me look up at him.

"I'm making it difficult? Win you're the one who's running away from me! From having a civil conversation !" I replied.

"That's because I don't want to Bright! I don't want to bring up our past and dissect it because I don't wish to go through that pain again bright !!" he shouted back, making me flinch. 

"Win, please! I'm sorry I really am I know how badly I screwed up! I'll do anything I'm really sorry ! I'll kneel down and beg for forgi~"

"Bright do you even know why I'm mad? "he asked cutting me off. 

"Do you even know why I was so mad back then? " he added when I stayed quiet. 

a few different thoughts ran through my head before I finally opened my mouth.

"I toyed with yours and Tu's feelings," 

"Well yes, and; because you called me your best friend yet it was so difficult for you to come and talk to me? Ask me what was happening heck scold me for not being there for you but no.. you were so convoluted in your narrative that you didn't even bother, and; because Bright big news flash I was the nerdy introvert... I truly didn't have anyone other than you who I could have called a friend and then Tu came along and she was a breath of fresh air, I finally had someone whom I could talk to and you took her away why? Because you were jealous? I was hurt because, I knew that what you were doing was purely out of rage I was hurt knowing that Tu was going to get hurt by someone I considered a friend.. and I couldn't do anything about it because I didn't know anything about it !" he said completely letting everything out of his system. 

to simply say I messed up is an understatement, his anger and his frustration all make a lot more sense to me now...

"Bright I spent days crying blaming myself that I didn't see how you were interested in Tu.. maybe I didn't pay enough attention to you but no... It was easy for me to not loathe in my self-doubt Because I know you Bright I've known you for far too long to know that Bright Vachirawit Chivaaree has never fallen in love. And now it's clear that I was correct "he added getting a bit annoyed. 

"I know I should have come to you win... I know... I was too emotional with everything that had happened with por and jealous and I... I just wasn't thinking straight win... I wasn't" I cried looking down, tears just falling involuntarily.

"What's done is done bright.. clearly if you and Tu are still friends then that means you guys must have cleared everything.. she must have forgiven you too... so.. just let it be bri~"

"What about you! Win.. please I'm begging you can we please please start afresh .. please " I begged I took a few steps closer to him while he walked back,

he looked around before heaving a heavy sigh and looking back at me.

"I'm willing to start back with a clean slate. I'm not saying we're back to being even friends.. but we can start with being... I don't know Strangers ?" he said making me confused... how could we?

"Huh ? "

"I mean if you don't wan~"

"I'll take it! Strangers! Let's go back to being strangers !" I shouted making him flinch.

ill take whatever I can get, after all, I'm the one who messed up! 

"Alright then !" he said awkwardly looking around.

"Wait !" 

"What ?"

"Hey! I'm Bright Vachirawit Chivaaree... I'm from the music department nice to meet you " I said giving the biggest smile I could offer while he blinked.

I extended my hand while he looked at me before finally cracking a small smile,

"Hey... I'm Win Metawin Opas-iamkajorn... I'm from the economics department" he replied. 

Honestly ill take being Strangers over being hated by the boy I like. 

🤍