65

Not edited. Please vote and comment 🧡

***

I walked into the 7-Eleven, heading for the washroom at the back when Jaime swore, catching my attention.

"What?"

"Get down," he hissed, waving at me. "We'll go out the back." The store attendant stumbled over his words, gesturing to the side door.

Jaime wrapped an arm around my shoulders,

"You fuckers," a man shouted, standing in the middle of the lot, his back turned towardsb mL
Cameron and the others, "I told you they are friends. Put your goddamn guns away. Fucking morons."

"Alexander," Jaime scowled, lowering his gun. The man with tattoos swirled around, grinning.

I swallowed, confused. Cameron called out to me, beckoning me forward. "Maisie, are you okay?"

"I am - who are those people? Why were they pointing their guns at us?" I asked but Cameron shook his head, opening the door to the Range Rover. "Cam, I want answers. Now."

I refused to get in. Jaime and the tattooed man, Alexander, we're talking. Harley and Chance were standing on either side of him.

"The man Jaime is talking to us Alexander. He's ... he's a gang leader from Mexico."

"Oh lovely," I muttered, crossing my arms but that hurt my wound. "I thought we were done with gangs? They bring us more trouble than anything."

Cameron gave me a warning look. "Alexander and Jaime know each other from when we were kids. He's here to help."

"How is pointing guns at us helping?"

"Maisie ... Giovanni raised the price on your head. $25 million," my older brother said, letting out a low breath.

I felt the air leave my lungs. "Great."

"Xander, this is Maisie," Jaime introduced me to the Mexican gang leader. "Maisie, this is Alexander. Please be nice."

Xander held out his tattooed hand. He smiled and I had to admit, it was dazzling. "Sorry for pointing guns at you and your brothers."

"Sure" I said, shaking his hand. "Don't do it again or else we'll have a problem."

Jaime smirked. "You heard her, Xander."

***

"Are there any fights happening?"

"A few," Xander said, scrolling down his laptop. "Nothing out of the ordinary, so it means that there is something big coming."

"What do you mean?"

"Giovanni wants a show ... with your sister as the main attraction. I doubt there will be any fights until she's finds her."

"No one will find her," Chance stated, determined. They talked about me like I wasn't there. I zoned them out eventually, not wanting to hear their theories about Giovanni. "Maisie, do you know the main bars that Giovanni owns?"

I shrugged. "Embers and the Gallows."

I felt claustrophobic, sitting in the hotel room with a bunch of people, mostly men. It didn't take me long to become restless. I glanced at Cameron and Sebastian, talking in hushed voices outside, sharing a cigarette.