Chapter 37

Chapter 37

*Adam's POV*

By nightfall all the preparations had been made. The baby was to stay with Riley. She was expecting and this would be good practice for her. With Sam safely looked after Josh made his way to our backyard along with Everleigh and Leo.

Mom and Dad both stood on the patio waiting. I checked my watch to see that it was 11pm. I pushed the sliding door open letting the cool air rush through the house. I scanned the sky for the moon and was thankful when I saw none. Our power was harnessed from the moon. A full moon means we are at our absolute strongest in our wolf form. The amount of power it gave us wasn't extremely substantial, but we needed her wolf to be as weak as possible tonight.

She couldn't spend the rest of her life sedated. This was our last chance to pull Lily out of her wolf. We would try both her dad and mine to see if either Alpha would be strong enough to her wolf to force her to shift.

I could hear her nails scratching against the floor as the sedation wore off. My own wolf whined wanting me to be by her side the second she opened her eyes. The large wolf staggered to the open door sniffing at the cool air. Her footsteps were shaky, and her eyes were still slightly unfocused. Her eyes closed with her snout raised in the air letting her nose guide her. That wasn't a good sign. She is relying only on her wolf instinct. I jogged to the center of the yard shifting into my own wolf. The change in energy caused her eyes to snap open.

She took a few steps towards me. As soon as her paws left the patio, Dad slipped to the door sliding it closed.

I had been staring at her wolf for over a day, but this was the first time I saw her awake and moving as she should. She was slightly smaller than Josh, but still one of the largest wolves I had ever seen. Her normal green eyes were a deep honey gold. The white fur glinted in the star light. She shook her head growling low.

Leo stepped forward first. While still in his human form he released a low growl. His shoulders were pushed back, and head held high. His own gold eyes were glowing in the night. The wolf turned at the challenge putting her back towards me.

"Lily. I call you forward." His voice was loud and clear. The wolf turned her head in curiosity and moved closer to him. She stopped a few feet away eyeing her dad as well as the woman peaking around his shoulder. "I command you to shift!"

Everleigh flinched at the authority even though it wasn't directed at her. Lily didn't move. A normal wolf having an alpha command directed at them would drop to their bodies to the ground and advert their eyes. This wolf turned her head the other way and twitched her ears.

"As your alpha, I command you to shift!" He tried again almost shouting. I heard Everleigh mutter a "Please."

When she realized, this man was trying to get her to submit she growled and crouched into an aggressive position. Her front legs dropped into a crouch, but her haunches remained in the air. Leo glanced over to my own Dad. His alpha would be slightly weaker than her father's just by sheer lack of alpha lineage, but if she saw him as her alpha that would be all that mattered.

Dad stepped forward this time. His hands were folded behind his back, and he kept his expression void as he drew her attention. As soon as Lily's attention was turned Leo pulled Everleigh's arm slightly guiding them closer to the sliding door.

"Shift." He didn't need to speak a full sentence. The power behind his words made the wolf sniff. She did not drop but did come out of her defensive position. She turned her head to the last man on the patio. Josh.

Her wolf whined, and I could see the pain written on his face. "Lily, are you in there?"

Another whine. "Shift!"