Chapter 16

Chapter 16

*Lily's POV*

The days ran together. I could see light through the opening I assumed was at the top of the door, but I could never see the opening only the light that it sometimes casted through the hallway.

I knew they were intentionally leaving me sleep deprived. My energy was always at a low. Every few hours there would be banging on the door, or a guard would come in and bang on the cell doors forcing me awake. At least twice a day Henry would visit. Sometimes he would sit on a chair outside the door and talk about plans. Everything he wanted for 'his pack.' Most of the time I was too tired to even lift my head.

When he walked in, I could smell his clean laundry. It seemed like something weird to focus on, but it was strong and almost feminine. It was distinct to him. I didn't have to look up to know that pain was most likely coming. I missed being clean more than almost anything else.

I wore the same clothes from the night I was taken despite how many times I had been forced to soil myself in them. Blisters formed between my legs in addition to the open wounds on my back. Most of the pajama t-shirt had broken away along with the bra underneath. The pieces hung onto my shoulders leaving the scraps covering the front of my torso. If I was here much longer, I would soon be topless. Every time I was removed from the table then chained back in, I would have to tighten the drawstring on my pajama pants just a little more. It could have been the weight of my own filth, but I could see my body slowly shrinking.

It wasn't easy to count positives given the situation, but at least my hair had knotted up to the point of no longer falling onto my face or tickling my neck and shoulders. The downside of that though was the lice. My head constantly itched, and I was unable to scratch it. That might have been the worst torture of all.

The door creaked open, and I was able to lift my head. Henry had left earlier than normal last night and arrived later than normal this morning. I was able to sleep for more than an hour and I could feel some semblance of strength in my energy. I tried searching out to feel Adam, but as usual I felt nothing. My energy was too low, or we just weren't together long enough for it to form in the first place.

The keys jingled and the cell door screeched open. I fought the urge to groan. If he heard me complain then the beatings were worse.

"You know little pet I am in an exceptionally good mood today. You see I have a son coming." I didn't need to say anything for him to continue talking. He never needed encouragement to talk about himself. "I considered putting off our little meeting until my own heir was born. So many opportunities that would bring with just a little patience." His fingers trailed down my bare back.

I tried to turn away, but he dug his nails into a wound that felt like it had been starting to heal over. "I really thought we had grown out of that dear. Oh well." His footsteps faintly echoed as he paced the cell. "There were so many opportunities you see. First, I could teach my little boy how to take care of his future hostages. Boy has to learn how to be the Alpha some time.

'Second it would have given you and your little mate time to seal your bond. I could have stolen you away at the perfect moment so we could have a truly great heir. Obviously, she would be useless in standing, but oh what a weapon. If it was a boy though then we couldn't have that. They would have never come to term you understand." I felt bile rise in my throat. The thought of his body on mine was horrible, but the children I had always imagined being nothing more than pawns for his sick game.

I forced my head up and found his eyes in the dark room. "You're sick. I pity the mate that has to share a bed with someone like you." His eyes flashed and a smile formed on his lips.