35

𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

Two years later

It had been two years since that day and while the world was peaceful, life definitely wasn't. It wasn't easy, but it was near perfect. Life moved on and we all as a group all took it in stride.

Hazel had a healthy delivery once we returned and gave birth to a beautiful girl and boy, who were both now two. We eventually found out that Rico was in fact the father of the children and he was more than happy to be there and man has he? Those kids have him wrapped around their tiny fingers.

Cameron and Kaitlin were their names and they were full of life. I don't like kids, but those two might just be alright with me.

Pooter and Moni were still as they were, fooling around and never settling down with anyone, but they were always there if someone needed anything. They had a new sense of freedom since their debts had been paid. At first they thought the Lwas were playing a joke on them, but no Legba was serious.

Papa felt that what we did risking our lives and not even being completely sure how we were going to succeed was more than enough to show everyone's worth. They breathed a different air now knowing this and seeing that it was now reality, so they lived freely and with fun.

And yes, I'm still convinced they're related.

Derrick and Ginger had accomplished two things in the years. Now they were engaged and got married not to long ago and they have a baby on the way as well. The marriage was planned, but the baby was not. However. they decided to keep their baby boy which would be a blessing in the long run.

As for Azariyah and I we were living life and enjoying one another. He helped me to get back into school and motivated me to stay on track, while I was in school to be a Psychologist.

Ironic, right?

It was because it felt like the right thing to do and with voodoo not being an actual widely known thing to not be feared this one of the way I could use my gifts to help people and besides since I already knew everything, I was able to fast track to get my masters and today I graduate.

In the meantime though, Azariyah encouraged me to open up a hair salon or shop, something to have multiple streams of income even when my career starts. Yes, he was still running the gang and he knew for a fact, if he wanted to he could set me up for life. But, He understood what being independent meant to me and was more than okay with me having my own money, it's not like he lets me spend it though.

We had also moved in together and right now we're just focusing on the businesses. We made the plans and everything, we were each other's partners in crime.

Today, Azariyah had a surprise for me after graduation and he wanted me to dress up classy and pretty, so of course once I finished showering. I began to get ready, I had done my hair the night before so I just proceeded to do light make up that was more shimmery thank anything and a brown and nude lip.