2

Two

Luke

"Can you just ask her out already?" Ashton begged.

"No," I laughed, "absolutely not,"

"She clearly wants to go out with you, she's dropped a million hints,"

"I know, it's just," I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, "I have two kids now. If I bring her into my life I bring her into theirs,"

"She knows you have kids,"

"Do you remember when Crystal and Michael started dating?" I looked up at him. "Mackenzie was pissed,"

"She just needs time to adjust to change," Ashton said. "This could be a good thing, plus you want to date,"

"I don't want to change their lives more,"

"Life is about changes. If you just stay in the same place, it won't help you or them," he reminded me.

"I'll think about it,"

"That's all I ask," he grinned. We both left my office to finish up work for the day. As I checked on patients and passed through the hallway, I saw Michael and Sierra walking down, which made my heart race.

"Hey Luke," Sierra greeted with a smile.

"Oh, uh, hey," I stuttered.

"Can you please tell her that my date idea is great?" Michael asked, breaking me out of my nervous trans.

"It's not,"

"Where is it?" I questioned.

"An arcade," he grinned.

"That's somewhere you take Alex," I scoffed.

"It's your six month anniversary, don't bring Crystal to an arcade," Sierra begged.

"Then where?"

"Dinner," we both said at the same time, then looked at each other.

"There's restaurant at the arcade,"

"No, a nice dinner," I laughed. "Please,"

"I'll look into it,"

"There's a nice winery, she loves wine," Sierra told him.

"Have you been there?"

"No,"

"I need to read reviews then," he muttered and walked off, but called out, "If you go, let me know how it is,"

I laughed and shook my head, "God,"

"He needs help," she chuckled. "The winery is downtown,"

"Oh, yeah, I heard about it," I nodded.

"Yeah, perhaps I'll check it out for him," she smiled, sending me a wink, then walking off.