20

Twenty

Mackenzie

"Your nails are so pretty," Paisley gasped.

"You're too," I smiled, holding my hands out in front of me. Macy joined us, holding out her green nails with a smile.

"This is the best idea you've had, Kenz," she smiled.

"Thanks," I grinned. We paid, then left out to Macy's car.

"Who's all coming?" Paisley questioned.

"Obviously my uncles, brother, dad, Crystal, Lauren, Finn, Zach, Uriah, Jay, Marcus, Connor," I listed off, then sighed, "and Sierra,"

"Your dad's girlfriend?" Paisley's eyes widened.

"Mhm,"

"Why?"

"I invited her,"

"Again, why?"

"My dad really likes her,"

"So?"

"I don't know," I sighed. "I like her when I'm just talking to her, but when my dad's there I don't. He makes it weird,"

"That's fair," Macy nodded. "That happened when my parents got divorced, they made it weird when the started dating,"

"I don't know, I don't like very many adults,"

"Haven't been given much of a reason too," Paisley reminded me.

"True,"

"I think you'll like her, but you need to make that decisions without your dad,"

"I'm going to get my hair done with her and Crystal,"

"That will be fun, highlights?" Macy asked and I nodded. "Finally,"

"I hope Connor likes it,"

"Who gives a shit about him?" Paisley scoffed. "Do it for yourself,"

"I will,"

"Good,"

"Did I make a mistake inviting Sierra?" I asked the two.

"Want an honest answer from someone who has step parents?" Macy questioned.

"Please,"

"I don't think you did. I think as long as she seems nice, it's ok. Plus, you have a lot of reasons to shut people out, and sometimes that's not the best thing. I think you need to bring a woman role into your life, you only have your dad and uncles, and guys don't really understand girls,"

"I have Crystal,"

"Who is barely around," Paisley chimed in.

"As your best friends, we think you need to have a woman role in your life, this could be a good thing. And if she turns out to be a horrible human cut her out, and quick,"

"I hate adults," I groaned, leaning back in the seat.

"Sadly they don't go away," Macy chuckled.

"Anyways, for now, enjoy your party," Paisley said. "Because it's going to be the best,"

"I hope so,"