23

Twenty Three

Mackenzie

The party had finally ended. Not saying I didn't have fun, but I was exhausted. I was over my birthday at this point, there was way too much celebration. At first, it was all a great idea, but now I was regretting everything I did. Once everyone was gone, I laid on the floor with a towel wrapped around me.

"How about you get a shower?" Michael chuckled when he saw me.

"I'm tired," I mumbled, shutting my eyes.

"Once you shower you can sleep, right now you smell like pool,"

"Ok, I will," I sighed. He sent a smile, then went upstairs with Crystal and Alex to play a game. I didn't move though, I shut my eyes and drifted off to sleep until I felt someone shaking me awake.

"Come on, Kenzie, let's get you to bed," someone whispered. I slowly opened my eyes to see Sierra knelt down next to me. Normally I would push her away, not want to talk to her, but I was way too tired to protest anything. I let her help me up and bring me up to my room.

"Hop in the shower real quick, I'll get your bed set up," she offered. I dug through my PJ drawer and grabbed some shorts and one of dad's shirts, then went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, not bothering to do everything in my normal routine, then dried off and got changed. When I went back out, my bed was made and Sierra was picking up the garbage, blankets, and pillows on the ground from my sleepover.

"Thank you," I yawned as I stretched out my arms.

"Not a problem," she smiled. "Want me to braid your hair before you go to bed?"

"Yes please," I nodded in agreement. I sat on my bed and she sat behind me, brushing through my hair before beginning to braid. We were silent until I finally broke that, "Thanks for coming today,"

"Thank you for inviting me, did you have fun?"

"Yeah, but I'm tired,"

"You were outside in the heat all day, and there were a lot of people," she chuckled.

"I don't want to be around a lot of people now," I admitted, making her laugh.

"People can be exhausting,"

"I used the gift cards for my nails," I held out my hands to show her.

"I love them," she gasped excitedly, "they're so pretty,"

"Thanks,"

"Still want to get your hair done?"

"Yes, this weekend right?"

"Yeah, your dad booked the appointments," she told me. "After we can grab lunch,"

"Ok,"
"When was the last time you had a girl's day?"

"My friends came over, but the guys were still there,"

"We'll have a girl's day with Crystal, no guys allowed,"

"That will be fun," I smiled.

"Alright, you're all braided," she finished off the braid with a hair tie. "I'll let you sleep,"

"Can you send dad up?"

"Yeah, I'll see you later,"

"M'kay," I yawned and laid down in my bed as she left. Once she was gone, I closed my eyes and began to drift off to sleep. I was almost asleep when dad came in and sat on the edge of my bed, rubbing my back.

"You got some sun, girl," he chuckled.

"Thanks for today," I said.

"You're welcome, get some rest, it's been a long day. I'll wake you up for dinner,"

"Stay until I fall asleep,"

"I will, I promise,"

A/N: i have a new book up called wanted! it's a mystal book if you'd like to check it out.

thanks for reading! please vote! :)