5

Five

Mackenzie

"This looks stupid," I mumbled as I looked at my cropped button up and loose navy shirts. I gave up though and grabbed a pair of sunglasses and my converse, then rushed downstairs before Connor was here. "I need new clothes," I announced.

"No you don't," dad disagreed.
"I look stupid,"

"You have enough clothes, and your birthday is coming up," he reminded me and I sighed. "And you don't look stupid,"

"Where are you off to?" Michael asked.

"Hanging out with a friend,"

"Macy and Paisley?"

"No,"

"Connor," Dad sang, which made my face turn red.

"Stop," I begged with a whine.

"You have a boyfriend?" Calum raised an eyebrow.

"No, we're not dating," I groaned as I went to fill my water bottle.

"A crush?" Ashton asked.

"Stop," I whined.

"Totally a crush," he snickered. I rolled my eyes and filled up my water bottle, then checked my phone to see Connor was here.

"He's here, bye," I capped my water bottle, then rushed off with the guys all making fun of me. I went out to his car and got in the passenger's seat with a smile.

"Hey," he grinned, "you look beautiful,"

"You don't look bad yourself," I winked, making his face turn red.

"Smoothies?"

"Yeah, let's do it," I nodded. He drove off to the mall, then we went in and got smoothies, then walked around.

"I need more clothes, I hate all of mine," he said and I laughed.

"I hate mine too,"

"Well, how would you like to style me?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Let's do it," I grabbed his hand, quickly pulling him into Pacsun. The two of us went around, pulling out different options.

"Wait, we can get matching outfits for your birthday," he said with excitement.

"I'm wearing an orange bathing suit, you get one too," I smiled and nodded. "Then how about jean shorts and we can get matching shirts?" I suggested and he agreed. We ended up getting a gray shirt with the earth and a bunch of flowers on it, then checked out.

"Who all is coming to the party?"

"You, Macy, Paisley, Lauren, Finn, Zach, Uriah, Jay, and Marcus," I listed off and he nodded.

"Lots of people," he chuckled.

"I'm excited,"

"And your drivers test is Wednesday?"

"Yeah,"

"Well if you get it, we'll go out," he offered and I nodded in agreement. We finished up shopping for awhile, then went back to his car so we could go to Target. "We should hang out more this summer, I like spending time with you," he smiled.

"I like spending time with you," I agreed with my face turning red. Before I could react, he put a hand on my cheek and kissed me. Instantly I kissed him back, feeling myself relax knowing he felt the same way.

When he pulled away, he had a cheeky grin, "Would you want to be my girlfriend?" he asked quietly and I nodded.

"Yes, absolutely," I said with excitement.