8

Eight

Mackenzie

"What's on your mind?" Calum asked as he cut up some cucumbers for Alex.

"What's up with this Sierra anyways?" I finally asked, making him laugh. "Like why does dad like her?"

"He likes her?"

I looked at him in disbelief, "Have you heard how he talks about her? He totally likes her,"

"He's a single adult, he's going to get in relationships," Calum shrugged, "same with all of us,"

"You guys aren't allowed to date,"

"Michael's dating Crystal,"

"And that took me a long time to approve," I reminded him.

"It's ok if you get nervous about it, but give her a chance. She's actually really nice and caring, you would like her,"

"I doubt it,"

"She likes to shop, do hair, get her nails done,"

"Dad likes all that stuff, I don't need someone else," I argued. Calum laughed and shook his head at me, not knowing what to say. "Can Connor come over?"

"Tonight?" Calum asked and I nodded. "I don't see why not,"

"Thanks Cal," I grinned, jumping down from my seat. I rushed up to my room and facetimed Connor, who instantly answered.

"Hey babe," he grinned, bringing a larger smile to my face.

"Wanna come over tonight?"

"When?"

"Whenever,"

"Yeah, I'll head over now," he said and I nodded. "I'll run by the gas station, want any candy?"

"Kit kats?"

"You got it,"

"And a blue slushy?"

"Anything for you," he smiled. "See you soon,"

"Bye," I smiled. We hung up and my door busted open with Alex coming in.

"Calum said you're having a friend over," he jumped on my bed.

"Mhm,"

"Can we all play?"

"Maybe, we'll see," I lightly smiled and he nodded. He rushed back out and I continued to scroll through tiktok until Connor was here. Once he was here, I jumped out of bed and rushed to the door, opening it to see him there. Instantly I jumped into his arms and kissed his cheek as he hugged me, still carrying the bag of food.. "I missed you,"

"It's been a couple of hours," he laughed and put me down.

"Still," I shrugged and led him inside. Luckily no one was in the kitchen or living room, so we went over to the couch. He gave me my slushy and kit kats, which I thanked him as I rested against his side.

"What have you been up to today?"

"My dad's on a date,"

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow.

"He won't call it a date, but it is one," I responded, making Connor chuckle. I heard footsteps, making me look over to see Ashton and Michael coming down the steps, their eyes slightly widening.

"Hey, you must be Connor," Ashton grinned as Michael rushed over, sitting down in between us.

"I'm Michael," Michael held out his hand for Connor. I rolled my eyes and sighed as Ashton came over and sat in between me and Michael.

"And I'm Ashton," Ashton shook his hand after.

"Nice to meet you," Connor replied after shaking both of their hands, obviously weirded out. Seeing how this went, I knew it was going to be a long night.