6

Six

Mackenzie

"Someone's in a good mood," Ashton said as I rushed inside, then rushed upstairs, ignoring the guys asking how my afternoon was. I closed my door and locked it, then quickly facetimed Macy and Paisley as I jumped up and down. Instantly, they both answered.

"Whoa, what's going on?" Macy quickly asked.
"Why are you excited?"

"Connor kissed me and then asked me to be his girlfriend, and I said yes," I excitedly told them, which made them scream.

"Oh my God, Kenz," Paisley yelled as I collapsed on my bed. "You have a boyfriend, before us,"

"And you kissed him," Macy added.

"Don't leave any details out," Paisley demanded. So I did, I told them everything. I told them about us at the mall, how my heart was racing the whole time, everything. And they listened with excitement.

"Kenz, you're on cloud nine basically," Macy laughed. "Like, everything is great,"

"I know," I sighed with a smile.

"Are you going to tell your dad?"

"Yeah, I wanted to tell you guys first," I said and they nodded.

"We're glad, we need to talk about it in person though,"

"We'll hang out before the party and I can tell you guys," I said and they agreed.

"Kenz," dad knocked on my door.

"Hold on," I called out. "I'll talk to you guys later, bye," I hung up the facetime call, then went to my door and opened it. Dad was standing there and chuckled when he saw me.

"What's going on? Why were you so excited?" he asked.

"Connor kissed me and asked me to be his girlfriend," I grinned, but he raised his eyebrows, "so we're dating,"

"Dating?" he asked and I nodded. "I need to meet this boy, is he coming to your party? Maybe he shouldn't-"

"Dad," I groaned and walked past him. "It's nothing big,"

"I mean it is. Do you feel ok in the relationship? He didn't force you-"

"He didn't force anything, he just kissed me and that was it," I huffed while walking down the steps with him following.

"What's going on?" Ashton questioned.

"Dad doesn't want me to have a boyfriend," I rolled my eyes.

"Boyfriend?" Michael choked on his water.

"We all saw it coming," I scoffed.

"I want you to have one, but I want you to be ok in the relationship," he argued.

"I am," I reassured him as he hugged me.

"You're growing up way too fast," he mumbled. "Between this, getting your driver's license, and your sixteenth birthday," he listed off.

"Sorry," I giggled.

"I just gotta get used to it, I guess," he sighed.