11

Eleven

Luke

I waited in the BMV for Kenzie to finish her test. I got to watch the maneuverability, which she actually did well on, but now they were driving around and I wasn't there to see. I was just praying that she could stay calm and do well, that was all she needed to do. She wasn't a horrible driver, but when she got in her head it messed her up. Plus she didn't thrive under pressure like some people could.

The door to the DMV opened and Kenzie came rushing in with a huge smile on her face, "I passed,"

"I'm so proud of you," I hugged her tightly as she grinned ear to ear.

"I got a perfect score,"

"I told you that you would do well,"

"You did," she let go of the hug.

"Go get your picture taken and we'll finish signing everything," I told her, which she agreed to. Quickly, I sent the guys a text to let them know she passed so they could get the car. Once everything was signed and she had her license, we left to go home. As I drove, she texted her friends with excitement, the same smile not leaving her face as she texted.

When we got home, she rushed in to be greeted by Calum, Ashton, and Alex, "I passed," she announced as Ashton engulfed her in a hug.

"Congrats, Kenz," he hugged her before she moved onto Calum, then Alex.

"Now we can go to the park?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, we can," Kenzie nodded, which made him jump up and down. "Where's Mikey?'

"Finishing up work,"

"Can Connor come over?" she looked at me and I nodded. "Can I drive your car and pick him up?"

"Let's wait till Mikey gets home to see what the plan is," I quickly excused the question, but she didn't catch on.

"We got you a cake," Calum told her. "Lemon raspberry,"

"My favorite," Kenzie grinned. We sat down at the island with small talk going around until the front door opened and Michael and Crystal came in.

"Congrats on passing," Michael picked her up and spun her around, making Kenzie giggle.

"Thank you,"

"Want your first birthday present?" I asked and she nodded. "Alright, we're blindfolding you,"

"Why?" she questioned as Ashton tied one of his old bandanas around her eyes while I held her hands.

"Because it's a surprise,"

"I know what it is, I know," Alex jumped up and down.

"Don't tell," Calum quickly picked him up. I led Kenzie outside with Ashton's help, then placed her in front of the car.

"Ok, take the bandana off," I told her, which she did. When she saw the car, she gasped and held her hands over her mouth in shock.

"You got me a car?" she jumped up and down before tackling me into a hug. "Thank you, thank you,"

"You're welcome," I laughed and hugged her back tightly. "Let's take it for a spin," I handed her the keys and she nodded, rushing over to the car to start it, the smile never leaving her face.