9

Nine

Mackenzie

"You guys are ridiculous," I rolled my eyes and stormed upstairs after Connor left. He was here for an hour, and that was still too much time in my opinion.

"Come on, Kenz, we were just being friendly," Calum tried to ease the tension, but I ignored the comment.

"I'm calling Crystal," I snapped before going into my room and slamming the door shut, then locking it. Once I collapsed on the bed, I facetimed Crystal and waited for her to pick up. To my luck she picked up in a couple of rings.

"Hey Kenz," she smiled, but it immediately dropped when she saw my face. "What happened?" The comment instantly made me burst out crying as she continued to ask multiple questions.

"I had my boyfriend over and Michael, Ashton, and Calum embarrassed me," I tattled as I took shaky breaths so she would be able to understand me. "And they only said yes so they could embarrass me,"

"I'm sorry Kenzie, that's not ok for them to do that,"

"And dad's not home,"

"He went out with Sierra, right?"

"I don't like her, cause now dad's not home," I stuttered.

"That's not her fault. If you met her, you would definitely like her,"

"I hate that everyone says that,"

"Give her a chance,"

"No,"

She changed the subject, seeing the conversation wouldn't get anywhere, "I will talk to Mikey, but for now just stay in your room and calm down. Your dad should be home soon and you can talk to him then,"

"Ok," I nodded, wiping my cheeks.

"Do you need anything?" she asked. I shook my head in response, "Ok, if you do just let me know. Love you,"

"Love you too, bye," I hung up. I put my phone on my nightstand and curled up under the blankets, waiting for dad to come home. A couple of times the guys came by, knocking on the door to talk and apologize, but I didn't say anything. Alex tried to come in as well, but I didn't open the door for him either. Instead, I stuck to Crystal's advice and stayed there alone.

After an hour of waiting, I heard the garage opening, meaning that dad was home. Relief washed over me as I waited in the same spot until I heard the familiar footsteps coming up the steps. I got out of bed and opened the door to meet him there before he could knock. The two of us had basically become one. I knew his next move and he knew mine, we basically could read each other's minds.

"Hey bug," he lightly smiled as he came in, shutting the door behind him. My arms quickly wrapped around him as he hugged me tightly, letting me cry into his shirt as he rubbed my back. "Wanna talk?" I nodded in response and we sat down on my bed. I explained the whole situation to him, not holding anything back. I told him about how the guys embarrassed me, I told him about how I didn't like that he went out, I told him about how having a boyfriend was now embarrassing, I told him everything on my mind. He didn't argue, but sat there and listened to whatever I had to say, and it was a lot.

"The guys feel bad and were trying to be funny, and clearly it was not. They want to apologize whenever you're ready, but that's up to you. And they're going to apologize to Connor too and respect your privacy,"

"I don't want a boyfriend anymore,"

"If it's for that reason, don't base it off of that. We're all growing up, and now we're all starting to date, it's a part of life,"

"But it's not fair, because now we're all going to be apart and it's not going to be us hanging out all the time,"

"We'll still all be together and be super close," he reassured me.

"I heard Michael talking to Crystal about moving in together,"

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "Bug, that's part of life. This was never a permanent living situation. As we start to find relationships and go our own ways, we need to find a living situation that will work. All of us will still be very close and hang out a lot, but this has been a discussion we've been having before you and Alex came into our lives,"

"I don't want anyone to move,"

"It won't be immediately, but it's a conversation we all need to start having and being comfortable with," he sighed. "They will still be a part of your life no matter what,"

"Are you and Sierra dating?"

"Why are you so concerned about that?" dad chuckled.

"Because I don't want a mom,"

"You also didn't want a dad, but here I am," he reminded me and I shrugged. "She doesn't have to be your mom, your relationship can be whatever you two decide on,"

"So you are dating," I concluded, making his face turn red.

"Yeah, we are," he nodded with a small smile, "I asked her tonight,"

"I want to meet her,"

"And I want to meet Connor,"

"Deal," I held out my hand and he shook it with a smile.