3

Three

Mackenzie

"Good, ease on the gas, don't step," Michael reminded me. I just nodded in response and continued to drive down the road. "Make a lane change so we can turn left," he told me, so I turned on the blinker and checked, then merged into the other lane before making a left. We were quiet again as we drove, no radio, but he was a lot more relaxed then the other guys.

Dad was the worst to drive with. He was constantly talking and freaking out. Calum was way too quiet and if there was a mistake he would flip out from nerves. Ashton just got annoyed with other drivers and was way too easy on me. Michael was the best. He would correct me, but not make me feel bad. He never yelled or freaked out, and always kept calm.

"Where are you and Crystal going for your date?" I asked.

"Oh, so now you're interested in my love life?"

"Never said I wasn't," I shrugged.

"I wanted to take her to an arcade, but people disagreed. Now I'm taking her to a winery,"

"That's a better idea,"

"I guess,"

"Who's idea was it?"

"A new doctor," he answered. "Her name's Sierra, she just transferred here,"

"Oh, it's a good idea," I replied and he nodded.

"Not my favorite thing, but whatever," he shrugged. "We should head back though,"

"Ok," I nodded. I drove back home, then pulled into the driveway and parked behind Calum. AFter turning off the car, Michael and I went in where everyone was eating, except dad who was working late.

"How was driving?" Ashton asked.

"She did great," Michael grinned as I put the keys in the basket.

"Think you're ready for the drivers test?" Calum asked.

"Yeah, I'm nervous though,"

"Just do your best,"

"That's the plan,"

"Well, your dad booked the test on your birthday next week," Ashton told me. "And that weekend we'll celebrate your sweet sixteen,"

"I'm excited," I grinned and sat down next to Alex, beginning to fill my plate with food.

"It's going to be fun," Michael smiled.

"Cheer practice starts next week as well,"

"Well hopefully you'll have your license so you can drive there," Calum said.

"Natalie said she'll pick me up till then,"

"I wanna come," Alex jumped up.

"You can't, bud," I chuckled.

"You'll be in daycare anyways," Michael ruffled his hair, but Alex huffed.

"No daycare,"

"Yes daycare, you'll have so much fun," Ashton said. "And maybe we can sign you up for a camp,"

"Robot camp," Alex cheered.

"We'll find one," Calum laughed.

"When will dad be coming home?" I asked before taking a bite of mashed potatoes.

"Soon, he should be finishing up now," Ashton answered and I nodded. We fi ished up dinner, then I went upstairs. Right when I got in my room, my phone rang with a facetime call from Connor. I picked up and flopped on my bed with a smile.

"Hey,"
"Hey," he smiled. "How was driving?"

"It was good, my driver's test is next week on Wednesday, since that's my birthday," I told him. "Speaking of which, are you coming to my party?"

"Of course," he chuckled. "Wouldn't miss it. Pool party, right?"

"Yep, at my place,"

"Would you want to go out beforehand?"

"When are you thinking?"

"Tomorrow?" he questioned.

"That should work, you might have to pick me up,"

"Sounds good,"