0

I walk up to the fire station with my uniform on and my bag on my shoulder.
I smile seeing the fire trucks and the ambulance parked.

I hear talking and laughing coming from upstairs.
My team is up there. My new family hopefully.
My best friend was up there and he doesn't know I'm here.

I walk up the stairs and I see him standing there talking and laughing with his team.
"Hi" I speak up and they look at me but I was looking at buck who turns and smile real big when he sees me.
"Erica?!" He runs to me and I drop my bag as we meet in a hug.
I love buck's hugs they are always so warm and make me feel safe and loved.

We pull away.
"Guys this is my best friend Erica, we've known each other since we were kids."

"Well then I'm Eddie Diaz his other best friend" I shake his hand.
"Looks like I have competition" I smirk at him as he laughs.
"Chimney" I nod shaking his hand "your Maddie boyfriend?" I asked and he nods.

I hum but don't say anything else.
"Hen" she says coming up next "nice to meet you hen buck tells me a lot about you and a Christopher" I look around "oh Christopher is my son" Eddie said and I nod.

"Hello again captain Nash" I shake his hand.
"Glad your finally on the team and maybe you and Eddie can work together to keep buck out of trouble" he says and I laugh "I have been trying to do that for years trust me"

"Hey I'm right here"  buck says making me laugh and the others join in.

I think I'm gonna like working here.