19

Erica pov

I walk to Eddie house with Lin holding my hand.
I ring the doorbell.
"Mom where are we going and why couldn't I go to school today?." She asked me.

"We are seeing Eddie and Chris to spend some time together." I lie sorta.
She nods as Eddie opens the door.
"Ready?." I asked and he nods letting us inside.
I see Chris come around the corner with his crutches.
"Christopher!." Lin yells and basically runs over to hug Chris and I smile seeing the smiles on there faces.

Time skip

I stand with Eddie after our talk with the child therapist.
After looking threw the pictures that Chris and Lin drew it was hard to look at them.
Eddie turns to me.
"Erica what happened?." He asked me and I frown.
I shake my head "Eddie please...don't ask me to remember that awful day." I feel myself tear up.

I hold on tightly to Chris and Lin as the water push us all around.
"Hold on guys!."
"Erica!." Chris cries.
"I want my mommy."
"Buck!." I yell hoping to hear his voice.

"I'm sorry Erica I shouldn't have asked I just wan-." Eddie starts and I nod "I know Eddie you just want to know but like the man said they will talk when they are ready." I tell him as I look away from the kids.
"Have you talked about it?." He asked and I shake my head "I'm fine I don't need to talk about it." I say and turn away from him and walk into the room where the kids was at.
"Come on Lin time for us to go, Buck is waiting for us." I say and Lin nods as she puts her crayon down and grab her picture and then say bye to Chris.

She grabs my hand and we walk out past Eddie who tries to talk to me but I keep walking.

Later

At bucks apartment we sit eating dinner.
Buck and Lin talk about some cartoons.
I can't find it in myself to join in.
I go to pick up my glass of water when I accidentally knock it over and it shattered making me flinch.

A glass window breaks as I hold Chris and Lin threw the wreak of what used to be a street.

"Erica?." I look up at Buck who looks at me questioningly.
"Sorry I will pick it up can you help her get ready for bed she has school tomorrow." I say and stand up quickly and go to the kitchen area to grab a broom and dustpan to pick the glass up.
Buck walks out the room with Lin swinging her around as he goes making her laugh.

Once they were out of sight I drop the broom and dustpan and slid down to the floor and put my head in my hands as I feel like the room is spinning.
Why did Eddie have to bring up bad memories.
I was fine for weeks and now I don't know what's wrong with me.

I just noticed that I'm almost two months pregnant which means threw the tsunami I was pregnant.
I wasn't just trying to keep me and the kids alive but my baby.
This just make me feel worse.

I didn't even realize I was crying till I hear myself sobbing.
How pathetic I'm being right now.
Shit.
"Erica" I look up and see Buck who sits on the floor next to me.
"I don't know what's wrong with me Buck." I cry and he pulls me into his arms and hold me as I cry.
I feel him kiss my hairline.
I buried my face in his chest.
I'm safe damn it. I need to stop these tears.

Next day

I get up and get dressed and Buck gets Lin ready and I pack our stuff up.
"When you going to tell Bobby, you can't keep working pregnant Erica." He told me and I nod slowly.
"I know that Buck, just make sure you get Lin to school on time." I kiss his lips quickly and then walk out his apartment to my car.

I drive to work.
As I do I see a car swerving.
"This idiot." I say and just as the words leave my mouth the car crash into a fire hydrant making the water come out and spray everywhere.
I stop my car and get out quickly and then another car crashes into another one.
How great.
As I was making my way over to the vehicle that crashed into the fire hydrant the water gets on me and I stop as I feel my breathing pick up.

I feel my body move threw the water.
"Oh god!." I cry out as the water pushes me along.

I snap out of it and run to the car door.
"Sir are you okay?." I asked and the guy nods and tries to get out "no don't you could be hurt more than you might think." I say and grab my phone and dial 911.

"911 what's your emergency?." I hear the familiar voice of Maddie.
"Maddie it's Erica I have a three car accident so far I have checked one vehicle and the civilian is awake and responding." Before I can say anything else one of the cars catch fire.
"One car just caught fire." I say and run over and see a woman and what I'm guessing is her daughter next to her.
"Mom mom please wake up."

"I have let responders know they are four minutes out." Maddie says and I shake my head "anyway they can get here quicker This bad." I say as the other car now catch fire.
I drop my phone and try and open the door.
"Hey what's your name?." I call out to the daughter who was blood running down her face.
"Cassie." She cried out "hi Cassie I'm Erica I'm a firefighter just hold on okay I'm gonna try and get you and your mother out till help gets here." I say and she nods.
"Okay now can you move or anything?."
She nods "okay that's great do me a favor and place two fingers to your moms neck to check if she is breathing if you can't feel anything move close to her nose and see if you can feel her breathing." I explained as I look around for something to prey the door open.

I then go to the back of my car and grab the crowbar I have and run back to the car.
"She's breathing." Cassie says to me making me nod "okay that's good." I say as I work on the door.
"Cassie your doing great." I say as I finally get the door open.
I look over to Cassie.
"Now I'm gonna need your help to help me get your mom out the car without hurting her worse. Now slowing tilt her body to me but be careful of her neck in case she has a spinal injury." I say and Cassie nods and slowly we get her mom out.

I lay her on the ground gently and stand back up to help Cassie out the car.
"Help me get her away from this car." I say and we move her body away from the car.
Once that was done I run over to the other vehicle.
I frown seeing a young woman she looks like she's maybe 18.
I open the door and put my hand to her pulse point and see if I feel anything.
I huff as I don't feel anything.

I move away and try to remember where I dropped my phone when I hear something.
I look and see the gas is leaking from the car.
"Shit." I say and take off to start running just as the car blew up and I get hit with the impact.
I groan in pain as I land hard on the ground.
I know I blacked out for a minute when I open my eyes and my ears are ringing.
My vision clears just as I see a red truck.
The 118, my team is here.

"Erica." Hen and chimney comes over to me and start checking me out.
"I'm okay help them." I point over to the mother and daughter.
Chimney go to them but hen stays with me.
"We was wondering where you were turns out your already working." She jokes making me laugh.
She helps me up and help me to the ambulance.
"Yeah I'm just glad I was able to help them, because I couldn't help my own mom." I say and frown.
Hen looks at me confused and I just shake my head.
"Is it too late to say I won't be working for a while?." I asked as Bobby comes up to me.
"And why is that?." He asked me and I take a deep breath "because I'm two months pregnant." I say and they both look so shocked and surprised.
"What?!." Hen laughs.
"Yup I found out after I passed out at dinner with Buck." I explained.

She shakes her head and look over at Bobby.