21

Erica pov

Me and Buck was sitting at the table with Bobby and Athena at their house.
"Collard greens anyone?." My aunt asked holding the greens out.
"Oh yes please." I say and she puts some on my plate and I grab some cornbread.
Honestly I put everything on my plate.
I was so into eating that I didn't even pay attention to the conversation they were having till my aunt tapped me and I see the look on Bucks face which confused me.

"I'm the dumbass." Bobby says and now I'm even more confused.
This is why I should listen more.
"What?." Buck asked confused.
"Your not ready." Bobby says and I think I know what the conversation is about now and honestly now I want to leave out the room.

"That's what I told them when they asked." Bobby adds.
Please Bobby stop talking your making this worse for everyone.
My ain't grabs the cornbread that was next to me.
"Would anybody like some cornbread?." She asked with a smile but I knew she was trying to stop something from happening and I'm glad she's trying.
Bobby grabs some off the plate.
"Hey babe it's okay let's just eat." I say trying to turn bucks attention to me.

"Your the reason they won't let me back?." Buck asked Bobby, ignoring me.
I sigh and slump down in my seat.
Honestly Bobby should have kept his damn mouth shut.

"The medication is the reason." Bobby says "Bobby is just worried about you, we all are." My aunt tells Buck.
"Yeah babe I mean it will be fine....one day." I cringe.

"I thought you where on my side." Buck looks up at Bobby.
He looks so crushed right now.
It hurts me.
"I thought you were my friend." He adds and his voice was low.
He could cry right now I can tell.
I have known Buck all my life.
"I am your friend." Bobby told Buck.
"Buck please." I start but he holds his hand up to me while shaking his head.

I slide down in my seat slowly and pick up my cornbread to eat it.
"I am also the captain of almost 20 other firefighters, whose lives depends on decisions I make and I can't put anyone at risk." And There it is.
The look of betrayal is deep on bucks face at listening to Bobby's words.
"If your not operating At a 100% then-." Buck slammed his hands on the table making me jump.
"I AM AT A 100%!." He yells slamming his hands on the table with every word.
"May-maybe even more, you know?, I never felt so good." It's official Bobby has broken Buck.

I push my plate away.
Me and the baby ain't hungry no more.

"Buck I know you went threw a lot in that tsunami and maybe you feel like you can survive anything."
"Anything.like a knife in my back." Buck stands up slowly as he glares at Bobby.
"Buck." I say
"Athena I just wanna say thank you for inviting me but..." he then starts walking away.
"Buck wait!." I yell standing up.
"You don't have to go." My aunt says.
"Buck hold on." Bobby says standing up to.
"You don't have to leave". My aunt says.

Buck walks out and I try and run after him.
"Buck stop.please!." I yell and he stops at his car.
"Did you know?." He asked not looking at me.
"Buck please." I beg shaking my head.
"Did you know Erica?." He turns to me and I look into his eyes.
"I love you Buck." I say and he nods "so you did know and you said nothing like always because you are never on my side." He said "no Buck that's not true I am on your side." I grab his hand.
"Then why didn't you say anything?."

"Because I love you and I'm scared for you Buck you go and do dumb stuff all the time and never think how the people in your life may feel." I cry
He moves his hand out of mine and open his car door.
"Buck I'm sorry but Bobby is right." I say looking down at the ground not being able to look at his face knowing how hurt he must be.
"Don't Erica just....I gotta go." He gets in his jeep and starts it and pull off.

I frown deeply as I start crying loudly.
I feel angry go threw me as I stomp back to the house door and walk inside.
"Erica." My aunt says but I ignore her and look at Bobby.
"Why would you say anything you have made the situation worse you are like a father to him and now you have broken him, why would you just go yapping at the damn mouth like that?." I say.

"Erica it had to be said he was starting t-."
"NO YOU MADE THINGS WORSE HE WAS FINE TILL YOU CAME OUT AND TOLD HIM HE WASNT READY DAMN IT BOBBY WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!." I yelled and then grab my purse.
"Erica wait." My aunt tried to grab me but I move away from her and out to my own car and slam the door making my way home.