chapter 21 • the wrong brother

Unfortunately, I wake up in the morning.

Oh yeah I'm sleeping on Chris Sturniolo's floor. What a crazy turn of events. I remain in my sleeping bag, because it's honestly awkward being the first one awake at sleepovers.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, and it's on 13%, just great. I check my notification bank, which was completely full.

TIME: 7.23am

My earliest message read:

8.47pm last night
Matty 💔
I remember the day you told me you were leaving. I remember the makeup running down your face. And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them. Like every single wish we ever made. I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about those stupid little things.
Goodbye, Yollison.

I blink over and over. Did he just quote one direction to me? And honestly, it worked because my heart is aching reading it over and over. If only he knew I was currently in his house.

I ignore the message from Matt and keep looking,

10.23pm last night
Lil Huddy
Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?

Like I owed him that information! Chase needs to stop being such a simp because I am not into him. Hasn't he realised that yet? He did look really cute last night tho.

I tap a reply aggressively:

7.25am
Me •
Huddy, I didn't know that last night was meant to be a date. As far as I was aware, we were two friends hanging out. End of story. 🫶

That's how you do it, girls. Straight to the point, no sorries or anything. Period. I then notice I have 24 miscalls from my step mum Alise, which I ignore.

I hear a buzz from my phone. Can Little Huddye give up already?

7.26am
Lil Huddy
Enjoy your new British boyfriend.

Is he for real? Also how the hell does he know about Louis?

7.27am
Me •
How the hell do you know about Louis?

7.28am
Lil Huddy
Im in the industry. I know what goes on. You're a player Yolly and I hope you know that.

That mother fucker. I hope they kill his character off in the next season of hyper house.

Because I'm sensible, I leave Huddy on read and then go straight to Yahoo Search and google Louis Partridge. No paparazzi had better have snapped pics of us or I will snap their knee caps.

I take a sigh of relief, good there's no recent articles about him, "Thank fuck" I whisper to myself.

On that note, I should probably follow his instagram, so I google it. And holy fuck he has like 7.5 million instagram friends. Shit.

How the hell is he meant to get my dm when there's probably millions of other people messaging him too? Ugh what an idiot, he should've just given me his number.

I type a dm to him anyways.

@ YollyBolly78 to @ louispartridge_
Hi! It's me Yolly!

It's been three minutes and no response. He's basically treating me like a one night stand and I feel used. Still, I continue to keep refreshing my dms.

"Good morning".

Jesus Christ I nearly shat myself, "CHRIS!" I squeal out, my phone flying in the air. Does he like, mind? I was in my own mind palace.