chapter 38 • the hospital

✨Chapter dedicated to:
afterimageeffect24

You don't know humiliation until you and your best friends are being pulled out of a Build a Bear air vent by firefighters, in front of a whole store of people including your ex boyfriend and his new date.

"Wait...Yolly?... Nick?" Matt speaks in complete shock as we are both lowered from the vents and into the portable medical beds, covered in dirt, smelling like dust and our hair in all different fucking directions.

Nick and I just look over at each other to avoid looking at the only two customers now left in the store, a knowing sense of failure in our eyes.

The paramedics are conversating around us, and I'm pretty sure build a bear wants to file legal action against us. The plug didn't do anything but unplug a single fucking light source. Chill.

"Yolly and Nick, mind explaining yourself?" Matt then says. And I crane my pained neck up to look at him, and I've never seen him look more disappointed in me. And I've done fucked up shit. My letter clearly didn't work.

"Yeah?" Volley pipes up, her arm wrapped around his. Oh fuck no. I glance over to Nick, who is staring her down with the most intense stare I've ever seen. I'm talking intense. Like really intense.

"I'm not explaining anything" I simply respond, crossing my arms over. The fact me and Nick just survived electrocution? Fucking wild. Just proves we are besties now. That's the true friendship test: if you can survive being electrocuted together? You're meant to be. But don't try that at home.

Matt rolls his eyes at me, and in this moment I've never wanted to punch one of the sturniolo triplets so fucking hard, "I want to talk to you Nick, privately".

"Well bitch, wheel my bed over there and we can chat" Nick tells him simply, pointing to the area where the bears clothes were. Side note, build a bear is so fucking expensive and for what.

Matt doesn't spare me a second glance as he grabs the handles of Nick's bed and wheels him to a seperate corner of the store. I groan, as I am left behind with Volley.

"That was pretty fucking pathetic don't you think, trying to sabotage mine and Matt's date?". Volley is glaring me down with the most evil, devilish look fucking ever. Can someone say goodbye on their Ouiga board already? Fuck.

"And it's pretty fucking pathetic that you're trying to date my ex boyfriend. Like seriously. Matt is clearly just fucking using you dumbass, he is clearly still into me". 

Volley let's out a loud, obnoxious cackle before leaning toward me, fucking ew get the hell away, "Listen up, sweetheart. I couldn't care less".

"E-fucking scuse me?".

"Do you really think Matt ever even liked you? Because really, you're a pathetic loser. You're no where near as hot as me, you dress like a thrift store's mannequin, and you crawl toward any man that pays you even the slightest ounce of attention. Your life is miserable".

NEVER in my life have I been so fucking hurt by something someone has said. I freeze up, my mouth hanging open, not knowing how to respond. Well, I do know how to respond. And that's with fucking violence but I'M STUCK ON A FUCKING MUSTY ASS DUSTY BED!, "You are an evil fucking bitch" I growl weakly.

"Aww", Volley mocks, distorting her face into a fake frown, "But I've got Matt now don't I? And oh, you have to see this lovely gift he got me". I watch on in complete terror as she lifts a chain out of her dress... and on the charm...was...was...

was