ten

please review trigger warnings before reading this chapter

Daisy Weasley

I felt like I was starting to hate everything

A clinic in downtown southern London had an appointment opening and they notified me via Owl a few days back.

It was a nice, new practice that specialized in what I needed them to. Not that I had a choice, but muggle medicine seemed to work better on me than magical.

After what happened this summer- the surgery and then the treatment, the recovery... I realized that it wasn't the type of magic that was used or not... it was if you could afford it.

The thing about being an outpatient treatment is that it's very expensive. And my parents... well, they never really had much money. 6 weeks in a treatment center really racked up the bill a bit high. 

So I essentially was working at the Inn just to pay the bills that I had from this summer. My savings account nearly depleted and a heartfelt look from my Father when he saw the amount owed every time.

This morning was no exception. My throat immediately tightened, and my mouth formed into a frown when the appointment was over. This was a lot of money. The bill was higher than I expected.

Like I was now being punished still. Lost my balance on a tightrope. Lost my mind trying to get it back.

My father was a very busy man. He worked hard but it wasn't ever hard enough. Or else, why would we all be in the situations we were in? I hated that mindset, but after growing up in a household where it seemed like everything was a struggle, it was the only way my brain processed.

He waited for me in the mundanely plain waiting room, which I was grateful for. The doctor went over my muggle medicine and looked at my arm where the scar was.

Dad and I lingered after that. Walking back to the floo network line and then making our way back to the ministry quietly. "Are you doing alright then?"

I gulped down my thoughts and tried to answer fully but he was frustrated with waiting it seemed because he never let me answer. Although he did survive, while guarding the Department of Mysteries, he was attacked by Lord Voldemort's pet snake Nagini. He made a full recovery but he was different now.

Everyone and everything was different now. I had to remind myself.

"How's Ginny? I bet she misses Harry. Your brother and Harry are doing marvelous work down at the ministry. It's all people rave about these days. Keeps the work morale high."

"Ginny is fine. She's trying to get quidditch set up again, I believe. It's going well." I responded hesitantly. I really didn't know much about what Ginny was up to. "But, Dad, I-."

He placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me a firm shake."I better get back to it. You have your portkey?"

I nodded sweetly. That's all I ever was going to be able to do. Things were different now and I just needed to accept it.