twenty eight

one more ch until part two
⚠️ long chapter warning ⚠️
this is a tough one
please read trigger warnings
sorry
18+

one more ch until part two ⚠️ long chapter warning ⚠️this is a tough oneplease read trigger warnings sorry 18+

✿ Daisy Weasley ✿

After the funeral, Draco and I talked for a long time. About a lot and everything and nothing at all- all at once. It wasn't long before his tears turned into my tears and the feeling of the heartbreak wasn't present in our minds any longer.

We didn't mean to, but after we both fell asleep for over twelve hours. We started off on opposite sides of Draco's large childhood bed, but naturally gravitated toward each other and intertwined ourselves with the warmth of one another. My face was smashed into the muscle of his bicep and I most likely was drooling on him at one point in the night.

Despite our efforts, I woke up with a terrible headache, but I brushed it off thinking I had been dehydrated from crying and sleeping too long. Waking up next to a half naked Draco Malfoy was not something to be complaining about a headache about.

"Good morning my beautiful girl," Draco muttered when I stirred, looking over his body to inspect what time the clock said on his nightstand. "Well, it's almost morning. We both knocked out pretty early last night. I don't think the sun is up yet."

"Good morning," I mumbled back, trying not to smile into his hold when he pulled me closer. "Do you want me to get off of you? I didn't wake you up with my squirming, did I?"

"No, no. Please stay just the way you are," he responded, raspy. "And you didn't wake me up. I love it when you squirm. I missed your squirming."

I snuggled more into him and he gladly accepted me with a tighter grip on my body and an accompaniment of a few kisses to the top of my head.

I missed him so much. I missed sleeping next to him. I missed his kisses to my head when I woke up. I missed his scent. I missed having his arm around me and I definitely missed having sex. My own hands couldn't ever do what he does to me and the feeling of knowing he genuinely wants me to feel that way is enough to keep me satisfied for now.

But, ever since he confessed what he did, we haven't kissed and we haven't had sex. I know that is his way of showing me that I deserve better and that's not the only thing on his agenda, but we both knew that once we started again, we wouldn't be able to stop.

Draco's voice startled me when he talked again. I wasn't used to it any longer. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah," I sighed sleepily. "No bad dreams. Which is a miracle because I've definitely been keeping Hermione on her toes with them back at school."

"Sometimes the dark magic in my body cancels yours out," he said nonchalantly, his finger tapping on my skin while he talked. "Sorry, I thought you would have figured it out by now."

"Will the bad dreams go away once all the dark magic leaves my body?" I asked him after a moment of silence, "I'd like to stop having nightmares about my dead brother and best friend."