thirty seven

i promise there's a point to this and also more drama coming soon 

half crazy... six years later

𓆙
Draco Malfoy
𓆙

As nightfall dropped upon us, the street lights cast their warm glow on our surroundings. Daisy sat in the front passenger seat, her silence and evident frustration weighing heavily on the atmosphere. Despite my attempts to strike up a conversation, she remained distant. I didn't want to intrude or make her uncomfortable, so I focused on driving and silently hoped she would feel comfortable enough to open up when she was ready.

I was pleased to ride Daisy from her house, but I only saw a little of her living space beyond the main entrance hall. However, a delicious aroma of vanilla and dark brown sugar filled the air, making me curious about what else I might find if given the opportunity to explore further.

Still, I recognized that asking would be inappropriate, so I focused on the task at hand and drove her to our destination after delivering the most beautiful bouquet of white daisies.

I wanted her to want to show me, and right now, I'm even surprised she's letting me see her, let alone drive her and take her out to dinner.

God, she was so fucking sweet. The sweetest, most precious girl. She always had such a sticky, sweet side that she let me in on. I loved it.

We both knew what we needed to talk about. However, I had been avoiding the conversation because I knew I had to carefully maneuver through the difficult discussion since she had such a special place in my heart. It was crucial and essential for me to approach the situation with sincerity and sensitivity, allowing her ample space to express her thoughts and emotions.

I'm sure she had plenty of things to say to me, and I needed to allow her to say them.

While I knew she was different now, I knew it would be challenging to confront our past issues, and it could ultimately lead to a sense of healing we both need.

The red of her hair was partially back behind her ear, curled in big waves at the ends. It was nearly the middle of summer, and she paired the London city humidity with a cute sundress that showed the freckles on her shoulders.

Every second with her made me feel something I couldn't describe. I was trying to take it all in. She was mesmerizing, and she didn't even know it. She terrified me.

I knew I shouldn't be looking at her that way, especially if I wanted to remain my friend. But I couldn't help it.

It was incredibly frustrating for no one but myself, and I just thanked Merlin that I was much older and better at controlling myself. I took a deep breath and focused on the positive things in my life, reminding myself that dwelling on the negative wouldn't do me any good. It wasn't easy, but I knew that I could overcome this frustration and come out even stronger on the other side with some time and effort.

The last time I wanted something this fucking badly, I felt like I'd die if I didn't have it. I thought I couldn't remember the last time my body felt like this, but that would be a lie. I felt this way when I first fell in love with her over the last time we spoke six years ago.

It's amazing how certain feelings can bring back memories so vividly. I can almost feel her touch and hear her laughter as if it were just yesterday. Love truly is a powerful force that can leave a lasting impression on our bodies and souls.

Even though I messed up terribly in my youth, I was determined to prove to her that I had changed. It wasn't easy, but I worked hard to turn my life around and become a better person.