eighteen

hi. sry for the delay. plz review trigger warnings before reading.

✿ Daisy Weasley ✿

✿ Daisy Weasley ✿

Scotland was beautiful at Christmas time

Scotland was beautiful at Christmas time. I had always known that to be accurate, considering I have spent nearly every holiday in Scotland, but at the castle or Hogsmede until it was time to go home to the Burrow.

I was worried about my family at home. Mum expected all her kids to be home, only to realize that Fred was gone and her precious little Daisy wouldn't be home until dinner on Christmas Eve. I couldn't spend more than a few days at the Burrow. Not when the broken stained glass memories were imprinted on my mind in the form of an old clawfoot bathtub that I tried to kill myself in.

Draco surprised me with a small trip to Edinburgh a few days before Christmas. After the semester was over and we could celebrate how we both survived another seemingly never-endless Hogwarts semester where we never felt more alone. World-renowned Edinburgh's Christmas celebrations spread festive cheer across the Scottish capital, and I was just as festive. It was just in time for us to spend some time together- alone.. Without any judgment or worries. 

He booked a hotel overlooking East Princes Street Gardens, which to my surprise, didn't have a bathtub. And I had no triggering thoughts or haunted what-if memories when I walked by.

Everything felt so out of control and falling apart at Hogwarts, significantly after I fell and was out in the cold for a few hours. I was afraid to tell him what happened because I thought he would somehow be mad like Dean always was when I wasn't thinking clearly. When I felt stupid for even bringing up some of the things I did.

But he wasn't mad. He wasn't ever mad. It was like I found a melody that I had lost and didn't know I had forgotten.

He knew exactly what I needed. And I think, well- I hope, it was what he needed too.

And if we are being honest, this was the best time I had ever had with anyone. Ever. I used ot pray for moments like this with Dean. All I wanted my whole life was to be loved like this.