twenty five

all the things i did... just so i could call you mine 🤠

please review the trigger warnings before reading

(this gif is just the daisy revenge era ambiance and had nothing to do with the chapter)

𓆙
Draco Malfoy
𓆙

I think at this moment.. I hated everyone. Including myself. Mostly myself.

I was absolutely stalling. We were stalling- staring at each other as if we were accepting that we would never be together again, and our final act of love was letting each other go.

I knew exactly why she was here. I knew she somehow knew what had happened. Why else would she owl an emergency when I told her to stay away?

It was probably through Zabini. He had been pressuring me all this time to tell her. And for some fucked up reason, I thought she didn't need to know.

And, to my own shortcoming, I have truthfully disregarded her in the past few months. She's the only person who ever loved me with honesty, and I wasn't giving it back to her.

I have been busy.. I fucking swear. Trying to get her to understand would only make it worse. I didn't need her pity.

But there's not a goddamm day that has gone by that I haven't thought about what she was doing.. How she was doing... What she was doing... Who was she doing it with...

My brain was so mentally fucked up couldn't process that I was the bad guy again. And that was the reason I didn't have her anymore.

She was wearing all black. I want to think that in some cheek, cute way, I influenced it. I mean, I did buy her the boots she was wearing. I had probably bought the dress and the headband, too.

Which is fine, I liked buying her things. No, I loved buying her things. But she never really dressed like this... Not since after Christmas break.

And we both know what happened during Christmas break.

"You look really beautiful, Daisy," I said smugly, half smirking. I really did mean it.

"Don't. Don't call me beautiful." Until she confirmed the suspicion I had, she knew. The only single arm holding me up on the bridge let go, and I was metaphorically going to jump off soon. "Why did you do it?"

Inhaled quickly and quietly. I didn't want to seem as if I was truly surprised. Because god only fucking knew why I even lied to her in the first place. I felt my jaw tense when I spoke- I had the bad habit come back the second I had left her. "To protect you, Daisy. That's why."

She replied quickly, "I could have protected myself."

And I let it out... The side of myself I promised she would never see. The side that scared Pansy when I was with her. "We both know that's bullshit, Daisy."