thirty nine

sorry for the late update... i can't believe we are at chapter 39, big reunion of slytherin friends, weasley and golden trio coming soon.

thanks for reading!!!

half crazy... six years later

𓆙
Draco Malfoy
𓆙

The crushing weight of Daisy's hurtful words gnawed at my thoughts incessantly. I couldn't pinpoint an emotion that she expressed wrongly.

In all my life, I had never experienced such an overwhelming surge of self-loathing as I did at that moment.

The relation was that the impact of Daisy's words ate at me, and I truly have never... ever... hated myself more.

Watching her curl up into the seat, her body finding a comfortable nook as the car began to move, was a tender sight that tugged at my heartstrings. The soft glow of passing streetlights cast a gentle illumination on her features, highlighting the peaceful expression that had settled on her face.

In those initial ten minutes of the car ride, the rhythmic hum of the engine lull her into a state of tranquility. Her breathing gradually slowed, becoming steady and calm as the weariness of the evening caught up with her. It was as if the weight of the world had momentarily lifted, allowing her to find solace in the confines of the vehicle.

She shivered only once before I carefully sifted through the neatly folded clothes in my gym bag, my fingers until I reached the familiar texture of my hoodie. Once I had it in my hands, I held it momentarily, the fabric warmed by my touch. With a soft, deliberate movement, I draped the hoodie over her slumbering form, ensuring it settled comfortably.

When the soft fabric met her skin, she stirred slightly, her body instinctively seeking warmth. I watched as she curled more into her chosen spot, the gesture almost reflexive, as if seeking a cocoon of comfort and security.

As she settled into a more peaceful slumber, I resisted the urge to disturb her. Instead, I let her find her comfort, knowing that the hoodie was a simple yet meaningful gesture, a token of my presence and support. With a soft smile, I returned to the road ahead of me, navigating safely to her flat.

My focus returned to the road, and I tried not to get lost in my thoughts. In the quiet of the car, I absorbed how she had opened up to me during our conversation at the restaurant.

I fucked up, and I knew it.

But, she graciously forgave me. And I didn't want her to.

I needed her to hate me.

Sensation surged through me as the telltale signs of a panic attack began to tighten their grip. My heart raced erratically, a suffocating pressure enveloped my chest, and a dizzying swirl of thoughts threatened to overwhelm my senses.

Despite the flurry of emotions raging within, I knew I had to maintain a mask of composure, clenching my teeth and fighting to restrain the tumultuous storm that was building inside me.

When we were a few streets from her house, I panicked. I couldn't tell if it was because I didn't know when I would see her again or if I felt sick knowing I was sending her back to Dean Thomas, despite how she reassured me she loved him and he changed.

"Daisy, darling," I reached over, regrettably stirring her from her slumber. "We are almost at your house. I drove around the block a few times so you could rest a little longer."

The pain in her eyes mirrored my own, and I hesitated before giving a few gentle squeezes, an unspoken attempt to offer comfort in the face of the looming despair.