Chapter. 1

"Mika......for fucks sake...... Mika...."

I woke up to the sounds of my door handle raddling and loud banging on my door, my mind was gone, a headache still pressing firmly to the front of my head painfully. The banging continued, making my head throb. I slowly sat up, hearing my father yelling franticly threw the door. I wrapped the pillow around the back of my head to try and muffle the god forsaken noise. It didn't help, not in the least. I had no idea how long the old man was on the other side of the door flipping out for whatever reason. But it was annoying, there was another loud bang. hard enough to make the door frame crack. I sat up instantly, looking over at the door seeing threw blurry eyes, the wood around the hinges were cracked. 

"Oh, shit he's gonna kill me"

I mutter to myself jumping up out of bed, kicking empty colt45, and twisted tea cans under my bed making my way to my desk, pushing my gaming chair out of the way, picking up the small baggy of white powder and putting it back in my hideaway box, lifting up the loose floorboard from under my wardrobe and placing it back in its rightful spot. I tapped around to make sure the wood was even. In case the old man got nosey again. I already knew I'd be in deep shit with the alcohol I didn't need the damn heat for the drugs too, not again after last time. 

"Mika. Open the fuckin door or I'm breaking it down!"

~shit he's big mad~

"I'm coming, hold on...."

I stumbled over to the full body mirror that's hanging off my bathroom door, I still felt dizzy and slightly high. I looked up at myself and gasp, I looked as shitty as I felt, eye liner trailed down my flushed pink cheeks my pale skin looked dull, my green hazel eyes were blood shot, red lipstick smudged in the corner of my swollen lips, and over all I looked hung over from.... well, many things, And lack of sleep. If crawling into bed no more than two hours ago could be considered sleep. I didn't even understand why he was bugging me. He never did. Not even when he was going to be gone late into the next day. Most of mine and my father's interactions were either facetimes or text messages. I ran my fingers threw my bangs, instantly getting stuck in the knotted mess. 

"Mika Rose!! If you're not dead you're about to fuckin be. I swear on your mother's grave, you have two seconds."

I groaned slipping on my oversized hoodie, not wanting to answer the door naked.
Pulling the hood up to cover most of my dark brown matted hair, my blond bangs dangled in front of my face, also disgusting looking. I pulled on my house boots and skidded across the wood floor, swinging my door open. Rubbing my eyes, yawning. There was no way of fooling him, he knew exactly what I was up too, even still, I pretended like I was just now waking up.

"Sorry dad I-"

Glancing up to his grey eyes that were glaring down at me, His arms folded over his chest, his annoyed expression told me, I was about to get a lecture of a lifetime. But most importantly, he was shaking, physically shaking with anger, that was something new, and also terrifying. I opened my mouth to start with another spew of half assed apologizes and tell him it would never happen again. but there was this distracting smell, I could tell it wasn't coming from him, his normal body spray was there too, but this overpowered his. Even with him being only a foot away from me, no this wasn't my father that smelled like this. Maybe it was just in my head.
I inhaled again, able to define the distracting scent, teakwood and mahogany, woodsy and strong, something stronger than my normal incent or any candle that I've ever owned. It was almost mouthwatering.

"Dad did you get new wax melts or something becau-"

It was a stupid question I knew it wasn't that. It couldn't be. the smell was that damn strong. Plus, the confused look he gave me confirmed he had no idea what I was talking about. Maybe it really was just in my had. We stood there in silence for a moment until, the sounds of footsteps from the bottom of the stairs caught my attention, my father snapped his attention from the sound and back to me nervously.