Chapter. 12

I waited for my dad to collect his laptop and coffee and leave before heading to the front door. This new sense of pride and respect for him made me happy. There was another loud bang on the door. Yep, that's Kyo, I couldn't help but giggle to myself. Her patience was always very thin. I run to the door to unlock it. Swinging it open my eyes widen. Surprised to see who was standing in front of me.

"Damn it Lore, I told you to wait!"

I could hear Kyo's voice yelling from the driveway. I tried to peak around to spot her, but Lore stood in my way crossing her arms over her chest. Looking up at her I raised an eyebrow.
She wasn't much taller than me she stood at about five-foot six give or take, much different than Kyo who could tower over me and loved to point it out. I tilted my head and mocked her actions, crossing my arms over my chest as well. Her lower lip slipped in-between her teeth, I could tell she was holding back laughing.

"Dobroye utro tebe tozhe."
(Good evening to you too.)

I said sarcastically, her eyes narrowed, yea that moment wasn't as funny as I thought it was. I guess she was just as serious as she always was. The sounds of arguing grew closer, I was to focused on this awkward stare off with Lore to pay attention to who's voices were who's.

"I only came to keep MY sister safe. You prove you deserve my trust, we will go from there."

Her thick honey like accent was low and stern, still never understood how she came to keep it. Since she had been living in the states since she was five, her and Kyo's parents moved here from Romania right after she was born. They all had that accent, except for Kyo. Her voice softer and more southern U.S, mixed with her height difference, blue eyes and blonde hair, many thought she was adopted. But nope. She was completely different from Lore who was shorter, dark brown hair, which she kept long with one side shaved, dark brown eyes and the attitude of an assassin. One look from the girl, she could stop a grown man in their tracks and scare away damn near any female. This glare was the one she was giving me currently, I held back a shiver and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Damn Lore, okay. I get it. Prove I've changed, give Kyo
The friend she deserves. Got it."

She nodded and stepped aside, just intime for me to see Kyo coming up the stairs with 3 suitcases. I walked past Lore without a second glance, making it to Kyo in a few strides.
Wrapping my arms around her waist, not giving her time to react. I could hear the suitcases drop but I didn't care. Her arms laced over my shoulders, and I could hear her sniffling. Of course, she was already crying, hell I was too.

"I'm sorry."

The only words I could mumble out without having to choke back a sob. Kyo pulled away from me and my arms dropped. Wiping my cheeks, I look up at her as she did the same.

"Just don't, okay?
I don't want to cry this entire week. Save it."

I nod my head, she was blunt just like Lore, it came from a place of love, both of them really, they just had their unique way of showing they cared. The suitcases slid down the stairs, almost crashing into Jas, Kyo looking over her shoulder, and busted into laugher. He was struggling with more luggage.

"So, are those more of your bags Kyo?"

Lores heels clicking against the wood, giggled as she stood next to me to watch Jase struggle. He glared up at her and pouted. 

"Net, these are just mine, theirs more in the trunk."
(No)

She took two of the suitcases from Jas, and walked into the house, surprisingly shes came back out for the other, stopping in the doorway looking at me with that same deadpan expression.