Chapter. 16

I leaned against the door of my wardrobe crossing my arms over my chest, watching, their eyes stare into each other's for a solid five minutes. I knew that look, oh too well. shock, curiosity, slight worry, and a lot of confusion. Though Lore had a way of keeping herself composed, even in a situation that felt was only from fairytales apparently, she hid her emotions well, to the untrained eye, she looked pissed. Lore mastered the art of 'resting bitch face' by the time she was ten. But I knew better, on the inside, she was losing her shit.

"If I could have a moment of your time Lore, I'd like explain some....things"

She crossed her arms over her chest, and straightened, backing up a step, just so his hands were no longer on her shoulders. Her piercing gaze up at the giant Lycan, breaking their eye contact, to look him up and down, as if he was nothing more than one of the businessmen at one of her bars or clubs, she always made sure to make them feel lesser than her, again, she hid herself well, behind thick layers of trust issues and hatred for men, Victor had his work cut out for him. His dark eyes shined gold, a smirk on his face, something in his look made me want to look away, as he basically undressed her with his eyes. It was strange seeing him show other emotions other than serious, she seemed to bring something out in him, I hoped he could figure out how to do the same for her. He seemed like he was the voice of reason for everyone, most of the time for his brothers, the one who took lead when Leo was gone on one of his trips, or at least that's what I overheard on occasion, it'll take a man like him to bring out the best in a women like Lore. He needed someone to challenge him, force him to take a step back, and she needed someone to ground her. This could either end with them finding the best in each other, or completely destroying each other, making it a competition on who could hurt the other more until one of them snapped, really hoped it was the latter. I shook out of my thoughts when Victor looked over at me, his gold fading, leaving only his human presence in his eyes, he looked between Kyo and I.

"Tyler is downstairs waiting for you Kyo, Mika, Leo would like to speak to you outside. Him and your father are on the front porch."

I tilted my head curiously, his formal voice returned, the way he looked back down at Lore showed a glint of something I couldn't read, and I really needed to stop trying. Kyo cleared her throat as she stood from my bed and walked over to the door. Clearing her throat again, Lore and Victor both turned their focus to her.

"Well, if you want me to go downstairs, you're kinda gonna have to move now huh?"

Her playful attitude made me smile, Lore looked at her sister with a glare, I could have sworn I seen her blush. Victor stepped into my room, in unison Lore stepped back too, keeping the same distance between her and Victor. Looking back up at them, I was to enthralled in the two's interaction to notice Kyo had already left down the stairs. Lore looked over at me, raising an eyebrow. She was anticipating this talk with victor, it was written on her face, though she would never say it out loud, but something crossed my mind, things seemed....a little too coincidental.

"Lore....when we were younger... um.... did you ever.... have an imagery friend? ...and um... did it not go away?"

She stared blankly, she walked over and stood directly in front of me, making the slight height difference feel like she could tower over me, but I didn't look away. She looked confused for a moment but didn't say anything as she thought over my words. Her eyes narrowed, ready to say something in return. stai cercando risposte che non ti riguardino più (You are searching for answers that do not concern you, again) Nero warned from the back of my mind, my lips twitched up in a smirk. His warnings were just as telling as Leo's silence when I would ask questions, I could feel Nero's smoke start to build in me. He was going to force me to stop questioning things, if I didn't on my own.