Chapter. 10

Standing there stunned, I tilt my head. Staring at him for a moment before shaking my hands and then clinching them, restraining my anger. There was no way I heard him right. There was no way he was standing here demanding anything. I leaned down and grabbed my backpack throwing it over my shoulder. 

"Mika, now!"

I jumped at Leos tone, my father went to take a step around the kitchen island, Leo growled stopping him. There it was, anger rose in me. I laughed under my breath, watching him with astonishment. He really has this type of nerve. Luckily Nero wasn't here, or at least not wanting to show himself, I would have willingly let him take over right now if he did. 

"Leo, she deserves this. She's come such a long way. You can't-"

My dad always sounded so cautious with Leo, rightfully so, Leo is a man of power, in more than one way. I don't think Leo, or his siblings would ever abuse that power, or at least not against me or my father but damn if they weren't scary when pissed.

"She's not leaving, Michael."

I shook my head again and walked around to stand between them, turning on my heels to look up at Leo, my heart only quickened, his stare was burning. I looked back to my father, keeping Leo in my peripheral vision. pulling out my phone to show him the ticket.

"You don't get to decide that Leo I'll be eighteen in a week. Not that you've had a say in anything before that."

His jaw tightened and he smirked, the silence filled the room as we locked eyes, the pull wouldn't let me move, I was stuck, trying hard to look away. The want to run and jump into his arms burying my face in his chest, breathe him in and tell him how much I missed him pulled at my heart. But I stood there, refusing to give into him, Leo moved closer, I closed my eyes. Expecting him to lean into me but he never did. He was so close, leaning over the kitchen island but didn't touch me. I felt him looking down at me, so I returned my gaze to his, I wasn't willing to back down, even with his scent clouding my mind, even with this pull to him, and he knew it. 

"Tell her Michael."

Suddenly I felt my dad pull me back, breaking my stare-off with Leo, he stood in front of me. They had both moved around the island before I could even notice they had. Leo pressed his knuckles into the cold marble keep his gaze down at me.

"Leo, she doesn't need to know that we agreed we wouldn't-"

The panic in my dad's voice was alarming, hardly anything shook this man. which I'm sure is what Leo wanted, nevertheless I was tired of not getting answers, I took a quick easy step around my father, leaving hardly any space between Leo and I. The heat off Leos body rushed off him in waves, Ignoring the cocky smirk he was giving, I looked over my shoulder at my father. 

"What dad.... just tell me, if you don't, he will."

His eyes became misty, as he shook his head, desperation in his expression, he was trying to find the words, the silence was heavy. Adding to anger that was building, I was seconds from demanding Leo tell me what he wanted to be said.

"Mika I can't"

My dad's voice cracked, Leo slammed his hands on the marble making me jump, I held back the feeling to move. Keeping my eyes on my father, for the first time since my mom died, he looked helpless. I clinched my fist around my backpack strap, he really rather have Leo tell me than him. Coward, I looked back up to Leo knowingly. Knowing he was going to be the one to answer, the marble countertop starting to crack under the pressure of Leos hand.

"Tell her Michael, tell her why she can't leave, tell her how bad the pull can be for you humans, how you came to Colorado for your monthly hook ups with Yana, how after, you fucked my little sister as you had been doing for ten years, we met in the hotel lobby, how you rejected your mate bond with her to live this false hope of a family, until I offered you this job. How you fell in lust with your daughter's mother. Throwing your mate to the side, hurting them both. How freeing it was when you finally could be close and stay close. Tell her Michael of the suicide attempts, how being away from Yana killed you."