Chapter. 21

The car ride was quiet, Leo had sat me in the passenger seat, walked around it and started driving without a word after our moment of joy, a few days was nothing compared to the months I had spent away from him. I could feel his gaze on the side of my face occasionally, but I didn't speak. 
If he wanted to go back to this hot and cold bullshit, I was going to go back to not giving into him, he was going to learn I'm not going to bend to his will or come crawling to him for affection like a puppy just because he's in some kind of mood.

"vy pachnete demonami"
(You smell like demons)

And there it was, the reason for his sudden change in attitude, only took twenty solid minutes of not speaking to get him to crack, which wasn't hard. He was thin when it came to patience. Where I could sit here all day in silence. I glanced over at him, and lifted an eyebrow, his eyes narrowed and flicker with gold, Malakai's warning to behave no doubt. What could have been a nice girl's day out, turned to shit because Vito couldn't keep his nose out of my business. Leos grip on the stearin wheel made the leather on it crack, I pointed at my head with a blank expression.

"I do have one that lives in my head, rent free....so why are you acting like this is new information to you?"

He opened his mouth to speak, a growl came out instead of words, and he slammed on the breaks, the car jolted so fast I would have hit the dash if I wasn't wearing a seatbelt, I still grabbed the 'oh shit bar' and closed my eyes tight, I could feel the car speed up, my side pushed into the door with how fast he was turning the car around. I opened my eyes and looked out the front window. He sped down the road to the freeway, the opposite way from town, and the hotel. 

"Leo what the hell are you-.."

He was back on the not answering bullshit. I sighed frustrated, this small sports car was faster than anything I've ever been in, and he navigated through traffic easily. We passed several cops but surprisingly none of them fallowed. Mation sickness was starting to tug at my nerves, closing my eyes once more, I pulled my legs up onto the seat, wrapping my arms around my thighs and pushing my forehead into my knees.

"chto nay thuck?"
(What is wrong?)

Leo said in his normal gruff voice, Leaving him unanswered. Why should I answer when He's acting like a grade A asshole. It wasn't my fault I had that encounter, I was scared shitless, or the fact I was tied to Nero, none of this is my damn fault. I hadn't planned on answering him until I felt him snake his hand around my arm and he had pulled my face up to look over at him. My eyes narrowed at the side of his head. How he managed to still be driving over a hundred mph, which I had mistakenly glanced at the speedometer. My stomach twisted again, and my mouth filled with saliva, that burning in the back of my throat wouldn't let me speak. Leo went to question me again and I paled further. His eyes narrowed and then went wide slightly. Good, he gets it finally. If I were to answer him with words, I feared I would ruin the leather in Victors car. Leo Released my face, I returned to my knees. Closing my eyes and praying to the Gods this car ride would end soon. Within minutes we had stopped, confused I looked up, and all I saw was woods, my stomach twisted again, and I quickly took my seatbelt off, through the door open and leaned out the car. Emptying out my stomach contents all over the ground underneath. I could hear the driver door open and close, and then the trunk, A warm hand rubbed my shoulder and then the sparks made goosebumps rise to my skin. 

"I apologize moi malenkiy tsvetok, I didn't realize you got car sick."
(My little flower.)

I coughed and took heavy breaths, sitting back up, whipping the tears from my eye, Leo was holding a bottle of water open to my lips. I glared at him and took the bottle of water from him. Taking a mouth full and swishing it around, spitting it at the ground. Close to his shoes, when I was sure I wasn't going to throw up again I brought my legs back into the car and chugged the rest of the water. Leo silently closed my door and walked around the car, getting back in and driving down the road, slower this time.

"Where are we going that you had to drive that damn fast for anyways?"

He made a sudden right, off the windy wooded back road and down a dirt trail, much like the one close to my house, now that I was calmed from throwing up, I was growing mad, pissed, almost hurt, I thought we had grown past this keeping shit hidden from each other. I glared at him, his shoulder relaxed. Looking from him out the window. my eyes widened, A large house came into view, black and pointy. Almost looking like a gothic chapel. 

"This is the Salem coven."