Chapter. 14

Clearing the voice mail, I stared down at my phone confused, I had no idea what was going on, why Leo and Tyler were so hell bent on me staying home, Yana saw us, no doubt watched what direction we went. The towns not that big, they could have came and found me if they needed me to be here so damn bad, but they didn't. Sliding my phone back into my hoodie, walking back into the living room, I stop halfway in between the dining room and living room. My heart filled with blissful memories seeing my friends, they found all my blankets and pillows and spread them out along the floor between the sectional and the tv, piles of blankets pillows and large stuffed animals filled the rug, flashes of our sleep overs came to mind, Kyo complaining she's cold, no matter the temperature. Jas wanting more food even though the endless pit of a scrawny boy ate an entire pizza to himself, Lore asking us a million times if we were okay while she went out, just for her to decide to stay in with us.

"Oi, you took so long so we raided your room and got all your blankets."

Lore yelled over the surround sound speakers blaring Disney's Brave, bringing me out of my haze. Out of all things they could have picked of course they picked my favorite. I fought back the tears again and walked around the couch sitting down between Kyo and Jason. There was still a gracious amount of space between all of us. Looking over my shoulder, I watch Jason settling into Vito's arms, sitting comfortably between his legs. A ball of emotions built in my gut, and I couldn't figure out if it was envy or the weird vibes I got from Vito. The stupid urge to scoff seemed dramatic even, for me. So, I just smiled at them and watched the movie. Keeping my phone on silent was going to drive me nuts, figured as long as Leo and Tyler knew I was home safe and sound, they wouldn't bust in, or at least that's what I hoped. I still had this feeling Leo was close and getting closer.

"Mika, you, okay? You've been spacing out the entire movie.... you even missed your favorite part."

Kyo's loud "whisper" brought me back to reality, I hadn't realized I was spacing out that bad. Rubbing my thumbs together out of nervous habit. Things were really starting to weigh on me, I had gotten used to being alone whil knowing people were still watching but feeling alone surrounded by my best friends was new, I looked up, seeing the movie was almost over, wow, I really was out of it for a while, it had almost been two hours sense the last I looked at my phone. I look up at Kyo and shake my head, not wanting to worry her more.

"No, nothing's wrong. Honestly, I'm...just happy to see you all. It's like old times. Before mom-....well you know....Just brings back happy memories"

I look down to my hands again, it was a valid excuse, them being here, the setting everything was perfectly implicating how things used to be with us, I could feel Kyo's crystal blue eyes staring through me, through my damn soul. As if she could read me like one of her books.
Just like she always had been able to. Nothing got past her, not when it came to Jason or me.

"Uh huh-...sure sure...do me a favor and look up at me one more time."

I looked back up at her, a fatal mistake. My eyes widen looking at her like a lost puppy. She reached out for my cheek with her left hand, I didn't budge. Her thumb swiped away some tears, I instantly sniffled, fuck why was I crying. I didn't even know I was crying until I felt the tears being cleared. Before I could get a word out Kyo jumped to her feet. Snatching the remote from behind Lore's head, the determination in her eyes was almost terrifying.

"ey, chto ty dumayesh', chto ty delayesh'?"
(Hey, what do you think you are doing?)

Kyo rolled her eyes, her attitude may have been the same as always, her demeanor was more serious, she looked at Lore while pointing the remote at the TV, hitting the power button. Chucking it at the couch and bending down and grabbing Lore's arm, she helped her sister to her feet and playfully "dusted" her off.