Enigma and Ethereal

Soha^

" Soha get out of my car." 

It was a pleasant morning, Vikram was in a rare good mood, until he saw his incompetent step-sister leisurely sitting in the front seat of his car. He was running late for college, otherwise he would give her a lecture on her uselessness and lack of intelligence.

The window of his grey Audi rolled down, Soha poked out her nasty face out. If there was one thing Vikram hated apart from his step mother, it was her irritating daughter. She was a spoilt spawn of a retired heroine who became a princess by fluke, when her mother married Maharaja Digvijay Singh Ranawat over a year ago. Soha didn't deserve to carry their Ranawat name.

" But why? We're going to the same college."

" Did you forget your contact lenses? I'm not your chauffeur. Now get out of my car before I drag you out myself." Vikram growled, arms crossed over his chest.

" Everyone wonders why we don't come together." Soha said, pretentiously.

" If you came with me, I'll drive over a cliff." Vikram gritted his teeth in annoyance.

Soha clambered from the car afraid that Vikram might toss her out. She puffed her cheeks and turned on her heels, ready to stalk inside angrily and complain to her mother. It wouldn't make a lot of difference , because nobody in their family rebuked him, but at least her wounded ego would be pacified.

" I'm sorry , my love." She heard Vikram coax lovingly, " Don't be mad at me."

Her heart jolted in surprise, she turned to generously forgive her rude step-brother.

Vikram slowly caressed the bonnet of his sleek car  and continued , " I will make sure she never steps in you again. I know you feel exploited and degraded by her presence.Between you and me, I feel the same way."

" You!" Soha stomped her feet like a little girl and ran inside the palace.

Vikram snickered before starting his car and zooming across the streets of Prathampura.His mood lifted when he reached college.He parked in his usual spot and started to walk towards the main building.

He saw Riva sitting on a bench, next to the science department. Under the lush green foliage of the oak tree, she looked bewitching in her mint green kurti, like a forest nymph.She was holding a thick stack of notes and reading it religiously.

Vikram smirked and stalked towards her. Her long brown hair swayed with the gentle wind , and she caught tendril over her face and tucked it behind her ear.

" Listen up," Vikram cleared his throat, catching Riva's attention , " The club will meet in the library at lunchtime."

" You must be sorely mistaken if you think I'm joining." Riva narrowed her eyes at him.

Riva placed the notes on the bench and got to her feet.If she wasn't in the club, they wouldn't have to interact frequently. She wanted nothing more than blending to the background and remaining unnoticed until her temporary hideout in Prathampura is over.

" Is it about yesterday?" Vikram asked, directly, "I'm wholeheartedly welcoming you on the basis of your own merit.I found our tiny argument yesterday rather promising.Besides, you shouldn't discard a concerned professor's effort like that."

He had decided that he must keep an eye on her. She had already roused his curiosity, and he wouldn't let her go until he knew all her secrets.And for that, she couldn't leave the club.

Riva opened her mouth to argue, Vikram changed his tone and threatened, " Yesterday was only a misunderstanding. If you think about rejecting the club, then I will be forced to persuade you," he took a silent step towards her, until they were almost touching each other, " I will not stop until I get what I want."