Kindred and Evil

Yes, I'm back!! Double update to celebrate!

" This is one of the three restaurants in the hotel." Man Singh explained, as they passed by several doors. Growing up Riva was indifferent to splendour, but Suryagarh Palace was extremely pompous and regal, forcing her to gaze appreciatively at it.

"Have you been here before?" Aditi asked her in a hush tone. Her eyes were darting from one thing to another excitedly.

" Just the lobby." Riva shrugged.

 She saw a delicate but proud peacock in the middle of the hallway

 She saw a delicate but proud peacock in the middle of the hallway. He bobbed his head as he walked and she had an overwhelming urge to touch it. She followed it to the end of the corridor, waiting for the moment he doesn't suspect and she could grab him-

" I wouldn't do that if I were you." A deep, husky voice whispered in her ear. She jumped in surprise, and the bird shrieked 'chack-chak' in great alarm, before running away from her.

She turned to glower at the intruder furiously.

" They know how to nip fingers and draw blood." Abhimanyu shrugged, his lips curled into a small smile. He was wearing a dark blue shirt, sleeves rolled up, and black pants. His hair was neatly styled to keep his curls off his face.

" This is where the hotel part ends." Man Singh came from the door behind them, visibly relieved that the tour had been concluded. Aditi stood next to Riva and greeted Abhimanyu respectfully.

" Is everything alright, old man?" Abhimanyu asked curiously, " You look a little shaken up."

" I-It must be the heat. It's unbearable these days." Man Singh laughed awkwardly, " I think I should sit inside, have a cup of tea and rest."

" You should take Aditi along, then. I have to discuss a few things with Riva." Abhimanyu agreed.

Aditi waved at her friend and followed Man Singh obediently. Abhimanyu stared at her long, bare legs and shook his head.

" You'd better not start lecturing me about how a princess should be demure or wear seven layers of clothes." Riva said grimly, " Not when you promised to be 'open-minded'"

Abhimanyu chuckled sarcastically and answered, " I respect our culture deeply, Riva. It doesn't mean that I think it is perfect.In my palace, you can wear whatever you like."

Riva mouthed 'hypocrite' at his back and followed him. She had expected him to comment rudely or be offended. She was curious how long this understanding would last.

" Then what do you want to talk about?" Riva enquired. 

They entered a grand living room, with opulent murals on traditional arches.Persian rugs lined the floors, and turquoise and forest green coloured sofa and chairs made the whole place cozy and warm.