Goa Diaries Part V

Abhimanyu squatted in front of Rivannah and gently raised her chin. Her face was red and puffy, her hazel eyes brimming with pearl-like tears.She recognised him in her drunken stupor, buried her head into his chest, mumbling something incoherently.The pungent smell of alcohol on her felt so wrong.

" I'm here now, Rivannah." He whispered, caressing her wild tendrils, "You don't have to be afraid. I'm going to protect you, just like I promised."

" That's very heroic of you." Miguel spat, pointing the gun at him, " I was going to get rid of that girl anyway. The more the merrier, right?"

" Did he hurt you?" Abhimanyu asked softly.

He couldn't see or hear anyone apart from the fragile girl in front of him. Rivannah shook her head against his embrace. He let out a relieved sigh and helped her to stand.Her feet wobbled in her drugged state, and he held her firmly against him.

Abhimanyu turned towards the bewildered dark web operator. His face remain unmoved at the sight of the gun. He only moved Rivannah to her left, so that he was shielding her body.

" You should shoot while you can." Abhimanyu said darkly, " Any moment my men will come barging in." 

Miguel opened his mouth to yell, but was quickly interrupted, " Don't bother calling for your guards. They are dealt with."

" You think you can leave my casino alive?" he chuckled sarcastically, "I decide who comes and goes. That girl knows too many secrets.Even if by some miracle you escape, I will never stop hunting for her."

" You're worried about your secrets?" Abhimanyu said concernedly, " Then you should hear me carefully. If we don't leave this fine establishment, someone will leak all your precious little secrets in the media.I wonder what your adopted parents would think.What were their names again? Right, the Di Mellos. I think they are under the impression that you make an honest living abroad. Imagine their surprise and disgust when you get arrested for all the crimes you've done."

" Of course, that fucking hacker found everything." Miguel said sinisterly, but his dark eyes were vulnerable and fretful, " You may have won this battle. But only until I find your secrets."

" I'm not going to play this futile game." Abhimanyu offered, "I'll keep those secrets safe, if you'll leave her and Raghavendra Rathore alone. But if you break your end of the deal, then don't expect any tolerance from me." 

Miguel lowered the gun, his jaw clenched in anger.His anonymity was his greatest defence. He didn't want the Di Mello family to enter his world of death and deceit. They didn't deserve to pay for his sins. He vowed to find that mysterious hacker...even if he was hiding in the depths of Hell.

" Fine. You have my word." He spat in abhorrence," Now get out of my casino!"

                                                                   *

Man Singh was waiting impatiently for his lord to return. The guards had informed him that rescue went smoothly but his heart was filled with ominous and inauspicious foreboding. Abhimanyu sauntered towards them, holding an unconscious Rivannah in his arms, bridal style.

 Man Singh silently opened the door of the black SUV. Abhimanyu laid the delicate girl on the leather seat, covering her body with his suit jacket so she wouldn't get cold.

" There's a problem, Your highness." Man Singh said unhappily.

" I'll deal with Radhika later." he said dismissively, " We're going home." 

" You don't get that option Abhimanyu Chauhan!" a feminine voice shrieked, " How dare you use me? You humiliated and discarded me in the middle of the Gala! And for what? That girl!"